Branch created, let the experiment begin ...

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
As decided at this years hackers conference, we are branching
REL9_0_STABLE *before* the release, instead of after.

The hope is that we won't be taking away resources from finishing the
release, but still allow ppl to continue to work on projects that are for
9.1.

The branch is now created.

Re: Branch created, let the experiment begin ...

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Marc G. Fournier
<scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

> As decided at this years hackers conference, we are branching REL9_0_STABLE
> *before* the release, instead of after.
>
> The hope is that we won't be taking away resources from finishing the
> release, but still allow ppl to continue to work on projects that are for
> 9.1.
>
> The branch is now created.

Before we begin this experiment, we need to stamp HEAD as 9.1devel.
As of this writing, it is still stamped as 9.0beta3.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Branch created, let the experiment begin ...

Date:
> Before we begin this experiment, we need to stamp HEAD as 9.1devel.

Done.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Branch created, let the experiment begin ...

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 00:58 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> As decided at this years hackers conference, we are branching
> REL9_0_STABLE *before* the release, instead of after.
>
> The hope is that we won't be taking away resources from finishing the
> release, but still allow ppl to continue to work on projects that are for
> 9.1.
>
> The branch is now created.

Is Git now the authoritative source?

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Date:
As decided at this years hackers conference, we are branching
REL9_0_STABLE *before* the release, instead of after.

The hope is that we won't be taking away resources from finishing the
release, but still allow ppl to continue to work on projects that are for
9.1.

The branch is now created.

Is Git now the authoritative source?

No. Marc created the branch in CVS.

...Robert

Re: Branch created, let the experiment begin ...

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
> On Jul 14, 2010, at 12:25 PM, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >> The branch is now created.
> >
> > Is Git now the authoritative source?
> >>

> No. Marc created the branch in CVS.

Right, the decision at the dev meeting (which could be OBE, so don't
take this as gospel) was that we would switch to git after the first
CF (basically, late August time-frame).
Thanks,
    Stephen

Date: