Typo in ginxlog.c

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Just noticed a typo in newly added ginxlog.c.  I don't have line
numbers, but in ginRedoSplit() it reads:
PageSetLSN(rpage, lsn);PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);MarkBufferDirty(rbuffer);
PageSetLSN(lpage, lsn);PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);MarkBufferDirty(lbuffer);

Notice the first call to PageSetTLI should be
PageSetTLI(rpage, ThisTimeLineID);

I wonder why don't we have a macro or function to do both things in one
pass?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"¿Qué importan los años?  Lo que realmente importa es comprobar que

Re: Typo in ginxlog.c

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 15:01 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Just noticed a typo in newly added ginxlog.c.  I don't have line
> numbers, but in ginRedoSplit() it reads:
>
>     PageSetLSN(rpage, lsn);
>     PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);
>     MarkBufferDirty(rbuffer);
>
>     PageSetLSN(lpage, lsn);
>     PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);
>     MarkBufferDirty(lbuffer);
>

> Notice the first call to PageSetTLI should be
>
>     PageSetTLI(rpage, ThisTimeLineID);

Well spotted. We'd have not corrected that until someone's db failed.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Typo in ginxlog.c

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 08:46:54AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 15:01 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Just noticed a typo in newly added ginxlog.c.  I don't have line
> > numbers, but in ginRedoSplit() it reads:
> >
> >     PageSetLSN(rpage, lsn);
> >     PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);
> >     MarkBufferDirty(rbuffer);
> >
> >     PageSetLSN(lpage, lsn);
> >     PageSetTLI(lpage, ThisTimeLineID);
> >     MarkBufferDirty(lbuffer);
> >

> > Notice the first call to PageSetTLI should be
> >
> >     PageSetTLI(rpage, ThisTimeLineID);
> >

> Well spotted. We'd have not corrected that until someone's db failed.

It also begs the question of if there should be a function/macro that
handles those 3 steps...