Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Hi there,

I'm pleased to present pilot version of http://www.pgsql.ru - search system on
postgresql related resources. Currently, we have crawled 27 sites,
new resources are welcome. It has multi-languages interface (russian, english)
but more languages could be added. We plan to add searchable archive of
mailing lists (a'la fts.postgresql.org), russian documentation and
WIKI for online documentation, tips, etc.

We are welcome your feedback and comments. We need design solution, icons.

This project is hosted at
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University and supported
by Russian Foundation for Basic Research and Delta-Soft LLC.

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
connection failed :(

Dave
On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 09:49, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm pleased to present pilot version of http://www.pgsql.ru - search system on
> postgresql related resources. Currently, we have crawled 27 sites,
> new resources are welcome. It has multi-languages interface (russian, english)
> but more languages could be added. We plan to add searchable archive of
> mailing lists (a'la fts.postgresql.org), russian documentation and
> WIKI for online documentation, tips, etc.
>
> We are welcome your feedback and comments. We need design solution, icons.
>
> This project is hosted at
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University and supported
> by Russian Foundation for Basic Research and Delta-Soft LLC.
>
>     Regards,
>         Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Dave Cramer
519 939 0336
ICQ # 1467551

Re: Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
"Glenn Wiorek"
Date:
> connection failed :(
>
> Dave

I had no problem accessing it -  very nice and responsive !   Great job Oleg
and Teodor.

-- Glenn

> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 09:49, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm pleased to present pilot version of http://www.pgsql.ru - search
system on
> > postgresql related resources. Currently, we have crawled 27 sites,
> > new resources are welcome. It has multi-languages interface (russian,
english)
> > but more languages could be added. We plan to add searchable archive of
> > mailing lists (a'la fts.postgresql.org), russian documentation and
> > WIKI for online documentation, tips, etc.
> >
> > We are welcome your feedback and comments. We need design solution,
icons.

> > This project is hosted at
> > Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University and supported
> > by Russian Foundation for Basic Research and Delta-Soft LLC.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Oleg
> > Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> > Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> > Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> > phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

> >       subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >       message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
> >
> --
> Dave Cramer
> 519 939 0336
> ICQ # 1467551

Re: [GENERAL] Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 14:49, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm pleased to present pilot version of http://www.pgsql.ru - search system on
> postgresql related resources. Currently, we have crawled 27 sites,
> new resources are welcome. It has multi-languages interface (russian, english)
> but more languages could be added. We plan to add searchable archive of
> mailing lists (a'la fts.postgresql.org), russian documentation and
> WIKI for online documentation, tips, etc.
>
> We are welcome your feedback and comments. We need design solution, icons.

Could I suggest a filter to limit results in foreign languages.  For
example, I am unable to benefit from pages written in Russian; I would
like to exclude them from the search, but I see no means of doing that.

     "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine
      heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
                 Deuteronomy 6:5

Re: Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
Chris
Date:
> http://www.pgsql.ru/
> We are welcome your feedback and comments.

Very nice work!
I've just found some docs I was looking for a long time :)

Bye, Chris.

Re: [GENERAL] Announce: Search PostgreSQL related resources

From
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Date:
Hi,

Could you please tell how the "did you mean " feature
was implemented when the serach term has a typo.

The search engine is good .

Regds
mallah.

Date:
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell how the "did you mean " feature
> was implemented when the serach term has a typo.

it's based on trigrams similarity and words statistics.