Archives

From
Thomas Swan
Date:
Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
flat file format?

I know that I can search through the website or through other
interfaces, but I would like to be able to download a file containing
the posts for a period of time.

I'm missing a large portion of the recent 2 weeks due a errant mail filter.

Re: Archives

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
> flat file format?
>
> I know that I can search through the website or through other
> interfaces, but I would like to be able to download a file containing
> the posts for a period of time.

I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.

"La espina, desde que nace, ya pincha" (Proverbio africano)

Re: Archives

From
Larry Rosenman

--On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 16:31:24 -0400 Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
>> Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
>> flat file format?
>>
>> I know that I can search through the website or through other
>> interfaces, but I would like to be able to download a file containing
>> the posts for a period of time.
>
> I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.
I sent Thomas my July, 2003 MBX file.

LER

Re: Archives

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:35:51PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> --On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 16:31:24 -0400 Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> >>Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
> >>flat file format?
> >
> >I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> >Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> >It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.

> I sent Thomas my July, 2003 MBX file.

Actually I wanted everything from 2001 on general, hackers, patches and
committers...  I know I'd rather not receive all that via email; mbox
files in archives.postgresql.org just like almost every other list would
have been perfect for me.

OTOH I already did all the searching I needed via www interface...
_very_ cumbersome and I wasted several precious hours, but it worked.

Thank you anyway.

"Investigación es lo que hago cuando no sé lo que estoy haciendo"
(Wernher von Braun)

Re: Archives

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:35:51PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
> > --On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 16:31:24 -0400 Alvaro Herrera
> > <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:

> > >I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> > >Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> > >It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.
>
> > I sent Thomas my July, 2003 MBX file.
>
> Actually I wanted everything from 2001 on general, hackers, patches and
> committers...  I know I'd rather not receive all that via email; mbox
> files in archives.postgresql.org just like almost every other list would
> have been perfect for me.
>
> OTOH I already did all the searching I needed via www interface...
> _very_ cumbersome and I wasted several precious hours, but it worked.

Use groups.google.com to search the archives, or use www.google.com with a
site:archives.postgresql.org entry.

Re: Archives

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 16:31:24 -0400, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> > Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
> > flat file format?
> >
> > I know that I can search through the website or through other
> > interfaces, but I would like to be able to download a file containing
> > the posts for a period of time.
>
> I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.

You can get a group of archived messages all attached to the same message.
This seems to be about as usable as an mbox. (At least with my mail reader.)

Re: Archives

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> > Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
> > flat file format?
> >
> > I know that I can search through the website or through other
> > interfaces, but I would like to be able to download a file containing
> > the posts for a period of time.
>
> I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.

Remind me in a week if I haven't fixed that already ... hadn't even
realized it wasn't there anymore, and this is the first I've seen someone
mention it ...

Re: Archives

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 10:28:40PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:57:41PM -0500, Thomas Swan wrote:
> > > Does anyone have recent archives of the pgsql-hackers list in mbx or
> > > flat file format?
> >
> > I really miss this too.  I searched the entire site, including
> > Majordomo's web interface, and there is no way to get the mbox archives.
> > It seems the only way to get'em is buying them from Pgsql Inc.
>
> Remind me in a week if I haven't fixed that already ... hadn't even
> realized it wasn't there anymore, and this is the first I've seen someone
> mention it ...

Well, it's been several month and I still don't see how to get them ...
did you ever get around to putting them online?

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.
He arrives precisely when he means to."  (Gandalf, en LoTR FoTR)