current CVS: undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

From
Pavel.Janik@linux.cz (Pavel Janík ml.)
Date:
Hi,

./configure --prefix=~/PostgreSQL --enable-locale --enable-multibyte=LATIN2
make:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/pavel/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb'
make[4]: `SUBSYS.o' is up to date.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/pavel/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pavel/pgsql/src/backend/utils'
gcc -I../include  -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -o postgres access/SUBSYS.o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o
catalog/SUBSYS.ocommands/SUBSYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o lib/SUBSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o main/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o
nodes/SUBSYS.ooptimizer/SUBSYS.o port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o regex/SUBSYS.o rewrite/SUBSYS.o storage/SUBSYS.o
tcop/SUBSYS.outils/SUBSYS.o -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl -lm -lbsd -lreadline -ltermcap -lncurses  -export-dynamic

utils/SUBSYS.o: In function `lztextlen':
utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x11c68): undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'
make[2]: *** [postgres] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pavel/pgsql/src/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pavel/pgsql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Red Hat Linux 5.2 (I think).

Please CC: to me, I'm not on the list.
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@linux.cz

Re: current CVS: undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> utils/SUBSYS.o: In function `lztextlen':
> utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x11c68): undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

Did you do this from a completely fresh tree? If not, did you do a "make
clean" first? I built this morning without trouble...
                     - Thomas

Re: current CVS: undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

Date:
>> utils/SUBSYS.o: In function `lztextlen':
>> utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x11c68): undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

> Did you do this from a completely fresh tree? If not, did you do a "make
> clean" first? I built this morning without trouble...

No, he's right: the lztext stuff has an undefined reference that's
buried inside #ifdef MULTIBYTE.  Not sure if the answer is to add
the missing #include to lztext.c, or if the code is wrong.  Jan?
        regards, tom lane

RE: current CVS: undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'

From
"Hiroshi Inoue"
Date:

Adding a header file pg_lzcompress.h isn't sufficient.
Type lztext was changed to mean 'varattrib' not 'PGLZ_Header'.
In addtion lztext.c was pretty changed yesterday and other
PGLZ_RAW_SIZE() calls were removed completely.
I don't know how to fix it for now and the future changes.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> >> utils/SUBSYS.o: In function `lztextlen':
> >> utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x11c68): undefined reference to `PGLZ_RAW_SIZE'
>
> > Did you do this from a completely fresh tree? If not, did you do a "make
> > clean" first? I built this morning without trouble...
>
> No, he's right: the lztext stuff has an undefined reference that's
> buried inside #ifdef MULTIBYTE.  Not sure if the answer is to add
> the missing #include to lztext.c, or if the code is wrong.  Jan?
   To  me  it  looks more that the code is wrong, left over from   the old self compressing version of lztext. I think
itshould   be strlen(s1) instead.

   I changed it to that. Could you please check if it works?

Jan

   From: JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)  Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:06:49 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
  >     I changed it to that. Could you please check if it works?

yes, it can be build now. Thank you.
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@linux.cz