New version of CVSup built for linux

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
I've built the new cvsup-16.0 for linux, and posted packages at
 ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/

There are rpms for both static and dynamic executables for both
clients and servers (as well as a python-based utility program). The
dynamic executables require that a few Modula-3 rpms be installed
also, which I've posted in the same location.

I've also packaged the static binaries in gzipped tar files for glibc2
systems which do not have rpm available.

All of the new binaries were built for glibc2 on a RH5.2 system. btw,
they all built very easily. Thanks John!

The rpms include some docs, startup files, and some example files.
Please let me know if you find any problems with the packaging...
                    - Tom

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] New version of CVSup built for linux

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> I've built the new cvsup-16.0 for linux, and posted packages at
>   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/
> The rpms include some docs, startup files, and some example files.
> Please let me know if you find any problems with the packaging...

OK, I've decided that my original packaging sucks ;)

I've posted new tar files which contain statically-built versions of
cvsup and cvsupd (these are probably equivalent to the originals
posted last night). I'm building only dynamically-linked versions for
the rpms, and have included all required files including the few
Modula-3 libraries which are required (as a separate package so the
full Modula-3 installation can be used if you want).

I've removed my original cvsup-16.0-1 rpms, and put some 16.0-2 rpms
in a "beta" subdirectory: ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/beta/

Would someone be willing to test these? All of my systems already have
cvsup built and Modula-3 installed, so it would be better to have this
tested on a relatively clean system.
                      - Tom

South Pasadena, California