Re: [HACKERS] New version of CVSup built for linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New version of CVSup built for linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I've built the new cvsup-16.0 for linux, and posted packages at
>   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/
> The rpms include some docs, startup files, and some example files.
> Please let me know if you find any problems with the packaging...

OK, I've decided that my original packaging sucks ;)

I've posted new tar files which contain statically-built versions of
cvsup and cvsupd (these are probably equivalent to the originals
posted last night). I'm building only dynamically-linked versions for
the rpms, and have included all required files including the few
Modula-3 libraries which are required (as a separate package so the
full Modula-3 installation can be used if you want).

I've removed my original cvsup-16.0-1 rpms, and put some 16.0-2 rpms
in a "beta" subdirectory: ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/beta/

Would someone be willing to test these? All of my systems already have
cvsup built and Modula-3 installed, so it would be better to have this
tested on a relatively clean system.
                      - Tom

South Pasadena, California