Preprocessor

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.

We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
*.pqc?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor

From
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
> like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.
>
> We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
> already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
> compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
> *.pqc?

    *.pgc maybe

> Michael
> --
> Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
> meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20
> meskes@debian.org                      | 52146 Wuerselen
> Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!             | Tel: (+49) 2405/4670-44
> Use Debian GNU/Linux!                  | Fax: (+49) 2405/4670-10

Until later, Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
Michael Meskes wrote:

> I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
> like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.
>
> We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
> already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
> compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
> *.pqc?

Ingres uses ".sc", which I imagine represented "sql c". Applix ships files for
their database interface labeled with ".ec", which I assume represents
"embedded c". I like the ".sc" myself, but that may be because I've worked with
it for years :) I would think any label you choose does not need to be unique.
What does ".pc" indicate?

                                                   - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
> > like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.
> >
> > We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
> > already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
> > compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
> > *.pqc?
>
> Ingres uses ".sc", which I imagine represented "sql c". Applix ships files for
> their database interface labeled with ".ec", which I assume represents
> "embedded c". I like the ".sc" myself, but that may be because I've worked with
> it for years :) I would think any label you choose does not need to be unique.
> What does ".pc" indicate?

    postgresql c?

Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
> > like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.
> >
> > We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
> > already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
> > compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
> > *.pqc?
>
> Ingres uses ".sc", which I imagine represented "sql c". Applix ships files for
> their database interface labeled with ".ec", which I assume represents
> "embedded c". I like the ".sc" myself, but that may be because I've worked with
> it for years :) I would think any label you choose does not need to be unique.
> What does ".pc" indicate?

.pc means Proc-C with proc being Oracle's preprocessor.

Michael