Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Preprocessor  (Michael Meskes <meskes@topsystem.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:

> I've just send the tar file to the patches list (hope that was correct). I'd
> like to have it included in the archive before starting more work on it.
>
> We have to decide which extension to use for embedded SQL code. Oracle
> already uses *.pc so that doesn't look good. Or shall we make it as
> compatible to Oracle as possible and use *.pc. Alternatively, how about
> *.pqc?

Ingres uses ".sc", which I imagine represented "sql c". Applix ships files for
their database interface labeled with ".ec", which I assume represents
"embedded c". I like the ".sc" myself, but that may be because I've worked with
it for years :) I would think any label you choose does not need to be unique.
What does ".pc" indicate?

                                                   - Tom