Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:
>

> > > Another problem I found with the PL code was that it took the fmgr()
> > > macro, and made it call a function call to fmgr_addr, which just killed
> > > performance.
> > >
> > > I made fmgr_addr() a macro too.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce Momjian
> > > maillist@candle.pha.pa.us
> > >

> >     Just to let you know - after fixing some other problems
> >     caused by the bpchar trouble my PLtcl tests went through
> >     again. Looks the macroization is O.K.
>
>    Do we have regression tests for this?

    No  -  since  PLtcl isn't part of the distribution up to now.
    And I think that even if we include PLtcl into  the  dist  we
    shouldn't  include  it  into  the  regression  tests  because
    building PLtcl requires a  Tcl  installation  (at  least  the
    libtcl??.so and tclConfig.sh).

    But  it  would  be  O.K.  for  me to include the PLtcl to the
    contrib directory and setup a separate test suite there.

Until later, Jan