2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict?

From
image
Date:
Hello,

On the same station, i have 2 postgresql server: one for my postgis db
(v9.1) and so another installed with opener^7 (9.2). Unfortunalty, i noticed
i'm obliged to stop service for my postgresql postgis (9.1) in order to use
openerp7 (postgres9.2). I 'm surprised about that. There is there a way to
use these two servers at the same time?

Thanks.

Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict?

From
Ben Chobot
Date:
On May 28, 2013, at 2:54 AM, image wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the same station, i have 2 postgresql server: one for my postgis db
> (v9.1) and so another installed with opener^7 (9.2). Unfortunalty, i noticed
> i'm obliged to stop service for my postgresql postgis (9.1) in order to use
> openerp7 (postgres9.2). I 'm surprised about that. There is there a way to
> use these two servers at the same time?

Sure - configure them to use different ports. In postgresql.conf, see the "port" parameter.

Note that if performance is an issue, these two clusters are going to compete for resources when running
simultaneously.