Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Chobot
Subject Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict?
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 28, 2013, at 2:54 AM, image wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the same station, i have 2 postgresql server: one for my postgis db
> (v9.1) and so another installed with opener^7 (9.2). Unfortunalty, i noticed
> i'm obliged to stop service for my postgresql postgis (9.1) in order to use
> openerp7 (postgres9.2). I 'm surprised about that. There is there a way to
> use these two servers at the same time?

Sure - configure them to use different ports. In postgresql.conf, see the "port" parameter.

Note that if performance is an issue, these two clusters are going to compete for resources when running
simultaneously.