Download States and Capitals Database

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
Dear all,

I  googled a lot  and find  data  of all countries ,  cities  , location etc from  Geo Spatial websites but I am able to find the data that shows all states & their respective capitals in world.
Please let me know if anyone as prior information about this ?

Thanks

Re: Download States and Capitals Database

From
planas
Date:

Try this link from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_capital_cities_by_country . I just searched for world capitals by country.
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

Re: Download States and Capitals Database

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
This Link gives the capitals of all countries but I need the states and their capitals in all these countries too..
But I think this is not possible because very few countries are divided into states and some into cantons, county etc.

Thanks

Date:

planas wrote:
I  googled a lot  and find  data  of all countries ,  cities  , location etc from  Geo Spatial websites but I am able to find the data that shows all states & their respective capitals in world.
Please let me know if anyone as prior information about this ?

Thanks

Try this link from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_capital_cities_by_country . I just searched for world capitals by country.
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

I would try Wikipedia and search for lists of states, cantons, provinces, etc of each country. The lists I have needed have had the capitals listed for each state, etc. Tedious but if you have to google for list it might be easier.
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

Re: Download States and Capitals Database

From
Johan De Meersman
Date:
> This Link gives the capitals of all countries but I need the states
> and their capitals in all these countries too..
> But I think this is not possible because very few countries are
> divided into states and some into cantons, county etc.

Yep. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the USA, although I can't exactly claim accurate
geopoliticalknowledge about the whole world :)

Here in Belgium, we have a bunch of provinces. France has departements. It varies a lot. I suppose you could build a
hierarchyof geographical subdivisions, but you'd still have to save the appropriate naming schemes per-country.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Re: Download States and Capitals Database

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 28/09/11 13:43, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> [...]

Australia has states, as does India.

I won't be shocked to hear that there's somewhere with more than two
levels, eg country->state->province->provincial capital .

BTW, Adarsh, you seem to have cross-posted to the MySQL mailing list.
Cross posting is rude enough when you're cross-posting to several Pg
lists, but intermingling mysql and Pg mailing list replies is just going
to get messy. PLEASE DO NOT POST MESSAGES TO MORE THAN ONE MAILING LIST
IN THE SAME MESSAGE.

--
Craig Ringer

Date:
Craig Ringer wrote:
[...]

Really Apologies my mistake and fell sorry for that.
I will take care about this in future.

Thanks