PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP

From
Vismaster46
Date:
Hello!

I need to install on my local Windows XP machine PostgreSQL to test
some Java applications.

The trouble is that I cannot connect to PostgreSQL via Java
application, because the connection fails every time...what's the
problem? I have not installed PL/Java package cause my Postgre
installer disabled this option...it is the matter???

Thank you in advance.

Bye!

Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP

From
"Damian Carey"
Date:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Vismaster46 <vismaster46@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I need to install on my local Windows XP machine PostgreSQL to test
>  The trouble is that I cannot connect to PostgreSQL via Java
>  application, because the connection fails every time...what's the
>  problem?

Sorry, but you have not provided any clues!
- What connection is failing? Any error messages / stack traces available?
- Can you connect to the DB via (say) pgAdminIII ???
- How have you set it all up???
-How is it set up when not on XP??? (I guess it works there?)

We use PG / Java / XP every day and it works like a charm.  We use Hibernate.

>I have not installed PL/Java package cause my Postgre
>  installer disabled this option...it is the matter???
No - nothing to do with it.

Cheer,
-Damian

Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP

From
"Albe Laurenz"
Date:
Vismaster46 wrote:
> I need to install on my local Windows XP machine PostgreSQL to test
> some Java applications.
>
> The trouble is that I cannot connect to PostgreSQL via Java
> application, because the connection fails every time...what's the
> problem? I have not installed PL/Java package cause my Postgre
> installer disabled this option...it is the matter???

What statement do you use to connect?
Have you verified that the server is up and running?
To what value did you set the parameter "listen_addresses" in postgresql.conf?
What is the error message?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP

From
"josep porres"
Date:
maybe you don't need PL/Java...

You are trying to connect using JDBC, right?
Take a look at http://jdbc.postgresql.org/doc.html
Which errors do you get?
Is the server listening on standard port?

anyway, you have to provide more information.

Josep