Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Damian Carey
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Vismaster46 <vismaster46@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I need to install on my local Windows XP machine PostgreSQL to test
>  The trouble is that I cannot connect to PostgreSQL via Java
>  application, because the connection fails every time...what's the
>  problem?

Sorry, but you have not provided any clues!
- What connection is failing? Any error messages / stack traces available?
- Can you connect to the DB via (say) pgAdminIII ???
- How have you set it all up???
-How is it set up when not on XP??? (I guess it works there?)

We use PG / Java / XP every day and it works like a charm.  We use Hibernate.

>I have not installed PL/Java package cause my Postgre
>  installer disabled this option...it is the matter???
No - nothing to do with it.

Cheer,
-Damian