can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4

From
judexhuang@gmail.com
Date:
When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.

$ psql emedia_db < tsearch2.sql
SET
BEGIN
"pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
missing magic block

Does anyone know if there is a fix available?

Thanks

Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4

From
judexhuang@gmail.com
Date:
On Apr 20, 11:38 pm, judexhu...@gmail.com wrote:
> When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
>
> $ psql emedia_db < tsearch2.sql
> SET
> BEGIN
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
> CREATE TABLE
> ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> missing magic block

> Does anyone know if there is a fix available?
>
> Thanks

I have seen discussion about adding PG_MODULE_MAGIC to .c or .h code.
Does anyone have suggestion about where I should add this to tsearch2
code, and how should I rebuild tsearch2 with this?

Thanks.

Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4

From
ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee)
Date:
In article <1177213190.291022.39730@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
% > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
% >
% > $ psql emedia_db < tsearch2.sql
% > SET
% > BEGIN
% > NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
% > "pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
% > CREATE TABLE
% > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
% > missing magic block
% >
% > ..................
% >
%
% I have seen discussion about adding PG_MODULE_MAGIC to .c or .h code.
% Does anyone have suggestion about where I should add this to tsearch2
% code, and how should I rebuild tsearch2 with this?

Probably the easiest thing is to use the tsearch2 from the 8.2 contrib
directory. It already works with 8.2.

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
North York  Canada

Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4

Date:
judexhuang@gmail.com writes:
> When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
> ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> missing magic block

Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
Update.

            regards, tom lane

Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:31:32AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> judexhuang@gmail.com writes:
> > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
> > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> > missing magic block
>
> Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
> Update.

Perhaps we should add a HINT message with something to the effect of
"Perhaps it was compiled for an older version".

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment

Date:
On Apr 23, 12:31 am, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> judexhu...@gmail.com writes:
> > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
> > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> > missing magic block
>
> Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
> Update.

Thank you for your help.

You're absolutely correct. I cleaned up all the 8.1 and got a lot
further.
After runing psql dbname < tsearch2.sql, there are many SETs, then

SET
psql:tsearch2.sql:7: tsearch2.sql: Too many open files
RESET client_min_messages;
RESET
--tsvector
SELECT '1'::tsvector;
psql:tsearch2.sql:12: ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT '1'::tsvector;
                    ^

Any ides about "Too many open files? It never happen to me in the
past  and I don't know how many times I have successfully done this in
the past.

A side note, I noticed, I have to run the SQL script int the sql
directory, i.e. I can't do psql dbname < /dirname/tsearch2.sql

Regards

Date:
On Apr 23, 2:10 am, klep...@svana.org (Martijn van Oosterhout) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:31:32AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > judexhu...@gmail.com writes:
> > > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
> > > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> > > missing magic block
>
> > Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
> > Update.
>
> Perhaps we should add a HINT message with something to the effect of
> "Perhaps it was compiled for an older version".
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>  http://svana.org/kleptog/
>
> > From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.
>

>  signature.asc
> 1KDownload

If I posted multiple times, please forgive me. Just did not see it go
through for a while.

Date:
On Apr 23, 4:11 pm, judexhu...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2:10 am, klep...@svana.org (Martijn van Oosterhout) wrote:

> > > Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
> > > Update.
>
> > Perhaps we should add a HINT message with something to the effect of
> > "Perhaps it was compiled for an older version".
>
> > Have a nice day,
> > --
> > Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>  http://svana.org/kleptog/
>
> > > From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.
>
> >  signature.asc
> > 1KDownload
>
> If I posted multiple times, please forgive me. Just did not see it go
> through for a while.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> You're absolutely correct. I cleaned up all the 8.1 and got a lot
> further.
> After runing psql dbname < tsearch2.sql, there are many SETs, then

> SET
> psql:tsearch2.sql:7: tsearch2.sql: Too many open files
> RESET client_min_messages;
> RESET
> --tsvector
> SELECT '1'::tsvector;
> psql:tsearch2.sql:12: ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
> LINE 1: SELECT '1'::tsvector;
>                     ^
>
> Any ides about "Too many open files? It never happen to me in the
> past  and I don't know how many times I have successfully done this in
> the past.
>
> A side note, I noticed, I have to run the SQL script int the sql
> directory, i.e. I can't do psql dbname < /dirname/tsearch2.sql
>
> Regards

It turns out in the current version, tsearch2.sql is in the contrib/
tsearch2/sql but you can't run the script in that directory, you still
have to run it in contrib/tsearch2, as psql dbname < sql/tsearch2.sql.
Otherwise it runs out of file handles with recursive inclusion.

Thank.