Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee)
Subject Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <1177213190.291022.39730@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
 <judexhuang@gmail.com> wrote:
% On Apr 20, 11:38 pm, judexhu...@gmail.com wrote:
% > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
% >
% > $ psql emedia_db < tsearch2.sql
% > SET
% > BEGIN
% > NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
% > "pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
% > CREATE TABLE
% > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
% > missing magic block
% >
% > ..................
% >
% > Does anyone know if there is a fix available?
% >
% > Thanks
%
% I have seen discussion about adding PG_MODULE_MAGIC to .c or .h code.
% Does anyone have suggestion about where I should add this to tsearch2
% code, and how should I rebuild tsearch2 with this?

Probably the easiest thing is to use the tsearch2 from the 8.2 contrib
directory. It already works with 8.2.

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
North York  Canada