Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From judexhuang@gmail.com
Subject Re: can't start tsearch2 in 8.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 23, 2:10 am, klep...@svana.org (Martijn van Oosterhout) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:31:32AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > judexhu...@gmail.com writes:
> > > When I try to initiate tsearch2 in 8.2.4, I got the following error.
> > > ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so":
> > > missing magic block
>
> > Apparently you have a pre-8.2 version installed in /usr/local.
> > Update.
>
> Perhaps we should add a HINT message with something to the effect of
> "Perhaps it was compiled for an older version".
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>  http://svana.org/kleptog/
>
> > From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.
>

>  signature.asc
> 1KDownload

If I posted multiple times, please forgive me. Just did not see it go
through for a while.

Thank you for your help.

You're absolutely correct. I cleaned up all the 8.1 and got a lot
further.
After runing psql dbname < tsearch2.sql, there are many SETs, then

SET
psql:tsearch2.sql:7: tsearch2.sql: Too many open files
RESET client_min_messages;
RESET
--tsvector
SELECT '1'::tsvector;
psql:tsearch2.sql:12: ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT '1'::tsvector;
                    ^

Any ides about "Too many open files? It never happen to me in the
past  and I don't know how many times I have successfully done this in
the past.

A side note, I noticed, I have to run the SQL script int the sql
directory, i.e. I can't do psql dbname < /dirname/tsearch2.sql

Regards