Regard to PANIC: unexpected hash relation size

From
Vlastimil Krejcir
Date:
   Hi,

   I have the same error as described in the post I have found in the
pgsql-general archive, see:

   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-03/msg01664.php

   I have PostgreSQL running for one and half year without any issues until
yesterday. I get this:

   PANIC:  unexpected hash relation size: 122, should be 4
         before or while processing the request.

   I have PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on SunOS (5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445). So it is not only the Windows matter.

   To Postgre developers: what kind of information do you need from me to
help you correcting this bug? Let me know (directly to my email) and
I'll try to do my best to help you.

   have a nice day

   Vlastik

Re: Regard to PANIC: unexpected hash relation size

Date:
Vlastimil Krejcir <krejcir@ics.muni.cz> writes:
>    I have PostgreSQL running for one and half year without any issues until
> yesterday. I get this:

>    PANIC:  unexpected hash relation size: 122, should be 4

>    I have PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on SunOS (5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc
> SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445).

Mmm ... I don't think so, since AFAICT that message string is not
present in 8.1.5.  Please recheck the server version.

If you can put together a reproducible test case for this, we should
be able to fix it, but right now there's not enough info available to
guess what's going wrong.  FWIW, I imagine that a test case would
involve a specific sequence of data inserted into a hash index.

            regards, tom lane