Re: Regard to PANIC: unexpected hash relation size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regard to PANIC: unexpected hash relation size
Date
List pgsql-general
Vlastimil Krejcir <krejcir@ics.muni.cz> writes:
>    I have PostgreSQL running for one and half year without any issues until
> yesterday. I get this:

>    PANIC:  unexpected hash relation size: 122, should be 4

>    I have PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on SunOS (5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc
> SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445).

Mmm ... I don't think so, since AFAICT that message string is not
present in 8.1.5.  Please recheck the server version.

If you can put together a reproducible test case for this, we should
be able to fix it, but right now there's not enough info available to
guess what's going wrong.  FWIW, I imagine that a test case would
involve a specific sequence of data inserted into a hash index.

            regards, tom lane