Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

From
"dfx"
Date:
Dear Sirs,

I am trying to create a database in postgres v. 8.1 (Fedora core 6) using a
sql script created from pg version 8.2 (Windows) (using backup.text of
PgAdminIII) but I get an error with the keyword OWNED. (tables uses serial
type).

The fields with serial type are declared differently in the similar script:
as 'serial' in the version 8.1 and as 'integer' + association to sequence in
the version 8.2.

How I can recreate (replicate) the same structure of a database originally
made with pg v. 8.2 to a server v. 8.1?

Thank you in advance.

Domenico

Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

Date:
"dfx" <dfx@dfx.it> writes:
> How I can recreate (replicate) the same structure of a database originally
> made with pg v. 8.2 to a server v. 8.1?

pg_dump has never been intended to produce backward-compatible dump
scripts; in most versions it's easy to point to cases where it'd be
flat-out impossible to do so, because the new version has features
not present in the older.

If you really need to do the above then get out your text editor and
change the script ... but my advice would be to install 8.2 instead.

            regards, tom lane