Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
"dfx" <dfx@dfx.it> writes:
> How I can recreate (replicate) the same structure of a database originally
> made with pg v. 8.2 to a server v. 8.1?

pg_dump has never been intended to produce backward-compatible dump
scripts; in most versions it's easy to point to cases where it'd be
flat-out impossible to do so, because the new version has features
not present in the older.

If you really need to do the above then get out your text editor and
change the script ... but my advice would be to install 8.2 instead.

            regards, tom lane