About Blobs in postgresSQL

From
kishore mukati
Date:
Hi
  I am facing a proble when I am trying to store images, filse in
postgreSQL.by using Bytea datatype field in table
using  setBinaryStream().
it show me exception
 inputstream is supported.

please send me if anybody have solution of this problem.

thanks
kishore mukati

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: About Blobs in postgresSQL

From
Leonel Nunez
Date:
kishore mukati wrote:

> Hi
>   I am facing a proble when I am trying to store images, filse in
> postgreSQL.by using Bytea datatype field in table
> using  setBinaryStream().
> it show me exception
>  inputstream is supported.
>
> please send me if anybody have solution of this problem.
>
> thanks
> kishore mukati

> http://mail.yahoo.com

No problems  here
this is what I used as reference :

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/binary-data.html

Leonel

Re: About Blobs in postgresSQL

From
kishore mukati
Date:
Hi Leonel

 at first thanks for help
I try with that link you send to me
but now I am getting a new error
below

this is exception in MyMailTracker.main()java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "attachment" is of type bytea but expression is of type integer

and one more thing my postgreSQL version is 7.4 so it must support
setBinaryStream() ;
and
setBytes()
as per the postgreSQL specification
I also tried with
setBytes()
but it didn't work.

thanks
regards
kishore mukati

Date:
kishore mukati wrote:

> Hi Leonel
>
>  at first thanks for help
> I try with that link you send to me
> but now I am getting a new error
> below
>
> this is exception in MyMailTracker.main()java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:
> column "attachment" is of type bytea but expression is of type integer
>
> and one more thing my postgreSQL version is 7.4 so it must support
> setBinaryStream() ;
> and
> setBytes()
> as per the postgreSQL specification
> I also tried with
> setBytes()
> but it didn't work.
>
> thanks
> regards
> kishore mukati
>
> */L/*

I've tested on a  postgresql 7.4.8  and  works  fine

the error says  that  you are trying to store an integer on a bytea
field,  that means  there's a mismatch  on the setBinaryStream and the
prepareStatement
check the  position on the prepareStatement  to match the
ps.setBinaryStream

leonel