Re: About Blobs in postgresSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonel Nunez
Subject Re: About Blobs in postgresSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
kishore mukati wrote:

> Hi Leonel
>
>  at first thanks for help
> I try with that link you send to me
> but now I am getting a new error
> below
>
> this is exception in MyMailTracker.main()java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:
> column "attachment" is of type bytea but expression is of type integer
>
> and one more thing my postgreSQL version is 7.4 so it must support
> setBinaryStream() ;
> and
> setBytes()
> as per the postgreSQL specification
> I also tried with
> setBytes()
> but it didn't work.
>
> thanks
> regards
> kishore mukati
>
> */L/*

I've tested on a  postgresql 7.4.8  and  works  fine

the error says  that  you are trying to store an integer on a bytea
field,  that means  there's a mismatch  on the setBinaryStream and the
prepareStatement
check the  position on the prepareStatement  to match the
ps.setBinaryStream

leonel