7.5 Windows version

From
Jonathan Barnhart
Date:
Is there any chance I can get a pre-release executable of the Windows
native Postgresql so I can start doing some application development?  I
do not intend to deploy a buggy postgres, but even if it goes boom
occasionally it will allow me to build the app so that when everything
is finalized I'm months ahead on development.

It's important to note that I mainly use Borland compilers so unless
this will compile in c++ builder, I'll need executables.

=====
"We'll do the undoable, work the unworkable, scrute the inscrutable and have a long, hard look at the ineffable to see
whetherit might not be effed after all"

Re: 7.5 Windows version

From
Bernard Clement
Date:
Hello Jonathan,

Take look at URL: http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/psqlwin/

That French guy has a binary version of PG for Windows.

The zip is at URL: http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/psqlwin.zip

Note that I did not tried it!

Good luck!

Bernard

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 15:13, Jonathan Barnhart wrote:
> Is there any chance I can get a pre-release executable of the Windows
> native Postgresql so I can start doing some application development?  I
> do not intend to deploy a buggy postgres, but even if it goes boom
> occasionally it will allow me to build the app so that when everything
> is finalized I'm months ahead on development.
>
> It's important to note that I mainly use Borland compilers so unless
> this will compile in c++ builder, I'll need executables.
>
> =====
> "We'll do the undoable, work the unworkable, scrute the inscrutable and
> have a long, hard look at the ineffable to see whether it might not be
> effed after all"

Re: 7.5 Windows version

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Jonathan Barnhart wrote:
> Is there any chance I can get a pre-release executable of the Windows
> native Postgresql so I can start doing some application development?  I
> do not intend to deploy a buggy postgres, but even if it goes boom
> occasionally it will allow me to build the app so that when everything
> is finalized I'm months ahead on development.

You might want to start with the cygwin version at http://www.cygwin.com
Start using that today perhaps, and move over to 7.5 when it goes into Beta.

> It's important to note that I mainly use Borland compilers so unless
> this will compile in c++ builder, I'll need executables.

You'll probably want to check the mailing list archive for the Win32
developers: http://www.postgresql.org/lists.html
I *think* there's a nightly build available, but I don't know how usable
the windows port is as a development target yet.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: 7.5 Windows version

From
"Holger Hoffstaette"
Date:
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:13:01 -0700, Jonathan Barnhart wrote:

> Is there any chance I can get a pre-release executable of the Windows
> native Postgresql so I can start doing some application development?  I do
> not intend to deploy a buggy postgres, but even if it goes boom
> occasionally it will allow me to build the app so that when everything is
> finalized I'm months ahead on development.

Have a look at:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

I have no idea how usable this is (just tracking the progress), but
there's a binary snapshot.

Holger