Re: 7.5 Windows version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: 7.5 Windows version
Date
List pgsql-general
Jonathan Barnhart wrote:
> Is there any chance I can get a pre-release executable of the Windows
> native Postgresql so I can start doing some application development?  I
> do not intend to deploy a buggy postgres, but even if it goes boom
> occasionally it will allow me to build the app so that when everything
> is finalized I'm months ahead on development.

You might want to start with the cygwin version at http://www.cygwin.com
Start using that today perhaps, and move over to 7.5 when it goes into Beta.

> It's important to note that I mainly use Borland compilers so unless
> this will compile in c++ builder, I'll need executables.

You'll probably want to check the mailing list archive for the Win32
developers: http://www.postgresql.org/lists.html
I *think* there's a nightly build available, but I don't know how usable
the windows port is as a development target yet.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd