How can I save/load all triggers/stored procedures from a file?

From
mihai11@mailcity.com (Razvan)
Date:
Hi

       Is it possible to save/load all triggers from a text file? That
would really help the development; modifying/reloading a trigger would
be much easier.

       Also, how can I see the body of a trigger that is already in
the database? If I do "\d <table_name>" I get the name of the trigger.
What should I do to see the body - I mean what you have typed when you
have created the trigger.

Regards,
Razvan M

Re: How can I save/load all triggers/stored procedures from a file?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Razvan schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Also, how can I see the body of a trigger that is already in the
> database? If I do "\d <table_name>" I get the name of the trigger.
> What should I do to see the body - I mean what you have typed when
> you have created the trigger.

I have just updated my SQL Workbench to support exactly this. It is a
Java based frontend to any JDBC database. It's free and if you want, you
can have a look at www.kellerer.org/workbench

Cheers
Thomas

Date:
Hi

>        Is it possible to save/load all triggers from a text file? That
> would really help the development; modifying/reloading a trigger would
> be much easier.

        To save just use a text editor - that one was easy:))
        To load a text file from psql type \i <file_name> when in interactive mode.

>        Also, how can I see the body of a trigger that is already in
> the database? If I do "\d <table_name>" I get the name of the trigger.
> What should I do to see the body - I mean what you have typed when you
> have created the trigger.

        Pg_dump would do the job.
        Thanks to all who where about to answer.

Regards,
Razvan M

Re: How can I save/load all triggers/stored procedures from a file?

From
drdave
Date:
Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Razvan schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> Also, how can I see the body of a trigger that is already in the
>> database? If I do "\d <table_name>" I get the name of the trigger.
>> What should I do to see the body - I mean what you have typed when
>> you have created the trigger.
>
> I have just updated my SQL Workbench to support exactly this. It is a
> Java based frontend to any JDBC database. It's free and if you want, you
> can have a look at www.kellerer.org/workbench
>
> Cheers
> Thomas
Nice tool.  It looks really useful. I had not seen that one before.  Thanks.

Date:
> I have just updated my SQL Workbench to support exactly this. It is a
> Java based frontend to any JDBC database. It's free and if you want, you
> can have a look at www.kellerer.org/workbench

       The screen shots are nice; I'll definitively take a look.
       The advantage over psql is that this front-end works in graphic mode.

Regards,
Razvan M