Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
Debian GNU/Linux User :-D
Date:
Marek Wróbel wrote:

> Hi...
>
> Do you know frendly interface for postgres by WWW (linux) ?
>
> To view/create/update etc. databases...
>
> NETim
>
> netim@isp.pl

phpPgAdmin (in last it is:
http://www.greatbridge.org/project/phppgadmin)

CU

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
speedboy
Date:
PhpPgAdmin is now at sourceforge.net

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phppgadmin/

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
"Karen Ellrick"
Date:
Before I ask my main question, what sort of return address is this?  The
domain is that of my own company, and I know that there is no user named
Debian here.  Is it some sort of anonymity trick, and every recipient sees
their own domain in that spot?  Can Mr. Debian explain this?

Now to my main question:

> phpPgAdmin (in last it is:
> http://www.greatbridge.org/project/phppgadmin)

It just so happens that right now, about an hour after reading that message,
I discovered that I need such a thing (been asked to pass administration of
my database over to a coworker who doesn't know SQL and likes to use his
'Doze PC rather than the Linux server console).  But the link given above is
dead (no surprise - there was much discussion on this list about Greatbridge
going away), and although there are references to stable releases as high as
2.3 and Beta 3.0 on other sites, the download links are all disabled.  The
most recent downloadable file I could find is 2.2.1, and there was mention
of security bugs with anything below 2.3.  Does anyone know where I can get
2.3 or Beta 3.0 (if it's pretty stable)?

Thanks!

--------------------------------
Karen Ellrick
S & C Technology, Inc.
1-21-35 Kusatsu-shinmachi
Hiroshima  733-0834  Japan
(from U.S. 011-81, from Japan 0) 82-293-2838
--------------------------------

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
"Karen Ellrick"
Date:
Pardon the message from me that appears like a dumb question, since the
answer came an hour prior.  I wrote the message not long after the Debian
message (with a link to Greatbridge) came in, but for some strange reason
mine didn't appear in the list for about four hours.  In the meantime,
speedboy put the solution on sourceforge and told the list about it.  I had
already thanked him (off-list, because I thought the list was dropping my
messages) and downloaded phpPgAdmin 2.3 when my original question showed up.
What in the world is going on with this list lately?

Meanwhile, my first question is still valid - it's a spooky feeling to see
your own domain name show up, married with someone else's username, as a
return address on a message that you know neither you (nor anyone else in
your domain - in my case I am the only English speaker) wrote.  Did others
get the same message as coming from Debian@their.own.domain, or were all the
copies with mine (sctech.co.jp)?

--------------------------------
Karen Ellrick
S & C Technology, Inc.
1-21-35 Kusatsu-shinmachi
Hiroshima  733-0834  Japan
(from U.S. 011-81, from Japan 0) 82-293-2838
--------------------------------

Richard Welty
Date:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:41:26 +0900 Karen Ellrick <k-ellrick@sctech.co.jp> wrote:
> Meanwhile, my first question is still valid - it's a spooky feeling to see
> your own domain name show up, married with someone else's username, as a
> return address on a message that you know neither you (nor anyone else in
> your domain - in my case I am the only English speaker) wrote.  Did others
> get the same message as coming from Debian@their.own.domain, or were all the
> copies with mine (sctech.co.jp)?

odds are that the user named debian is using a system where the MTA isn't
adding the domain name (which it should be doing, unqualified usernames in
from fields of email are evil.) none of the intervening MTAs took any
action, and the MTA for your company probably recognized the unqualified
username in the from address and "helpfully" added one.

my best guess,
  richard

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
gravity
Date:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 07:41:26PM +0900, Karen Ellrick wrote:
> Meanwhile, my first question is still valid - it's a spooky feeling to see
> your own domain name show up, married with someone else's username, as a
> return address on a message that you know neither you (nor anyone else in
> your domain - in my case I am the only English speaker) wrote.  Did others
> get the same message as coming from Debian@their.own.domain, or were all the
> copies with mine (sctech.co.jp)?

same here.
Debian@mydomain

flabbergasted
(no! I'm an open relay!)

tinus

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
"Karen Ellrick" <k-ellrick@sctech.co.jp> writes:

> Meanwhile, my first question is still valid - it's a spooky feeling to see
> your own domain name show up, married with someone else's username, as a
> return address on a message that you know neither you (nor anyone else in
> your domain - in my case I am the only English speaker) wrote.  Did others
> get the same message as coming from Debian@their.own.domain, or were all the
> copies with mine (sctech.co.jp)?

I got it as

Debian GNU/Linux User :-D <leszek.usenet@softel.pl>

which looks right (jibes with the Organization: header, at least).
Sounds like your mailer is butchering addresses.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863

Re: WWW interface for postgres

From
Guy Fraser
Date:
Debian GNU/Linux User :-D wrote:

> Marek Wróbel wrote:
> >
> > Hi...
> >
> > Do you know frendly interface for postgres by WWW (linux) ?
> >
> > To view/create/update etc. databases...
> >
> > NETim
> >
> > netim@isp.pl
>
> phpPgAdmin (in last it is:
> http://www.greatbridge.org/project/phppgadmin)
>
> CU

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Hi

you may want to look at http://www.webmin.org/webmin , I believe that is
the correct URL.

Webmin is a good web based administration tool for maintaining most *nix
variants and linux distributions.

Guy