Error in communication with MSAccess

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
I have an Access DB consisting of both Access tables and tables linked to a
PG backend.
When trying to open a large table from the backend, MSAccess freezes with
"ODBC call failed".
From that moment on the Access session keeps giving this message any time
and ODBC open is attempted. If closed and re-opened, Access can open the
small tables again. Of course the large table cannot be opened.
I attach the relevant part of the log. I guess the relevant line is
"errmsg='Out of memory while reading tuples.'
What can I do? I need to run MSAccess queries that return large amounts of
data and open large tables.

Thank you all.

Mihai Gheorghiu

Attachment

Re: Error in communication with MSAccess

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 06:06:29PM -0400, Mihai Gheorghiu wrote:
> I attach the relevant part of the log. I guess the relevant line is
> "errmsg='Out of memory while reading tuples.'
> What can I do? I need to run MSAccess queries that return large amounts of
> data and open large tables.

I fixed a problem like that a while ago by ticking a box that told the
driver to use cursors and fetch to get the tuples rather than select *. Made
the results come somewhat faste. Mind you, this was a pretty old version of
the ODBC driver.

HTH,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>