Access 2000 and PostgreSQL: Record Editing Problems

From
Scott Teglasi
Date:
Hi.  I'm able to use Access 2000 to view and edit my tables, and to add new
records, however I am encountering a problem when adding new records to the
table.

When I add a record, I fill in the relevant fields, but when I proceed to
the next row, the row I just added shows "#Deleted" in all of the columns.
It continues to do this as I add records.  When I close the table, then
reopen it, my data is there, and the #Deleted is gone.  It does add the
data, however when adding new records, and having #Deleted shown on my newly
added rows, is a bit of a nuisance..  Anyone have any remedies?

Scott Teglasi

Re: Access 2000 and PostgreSQL: Record Editing Problems

From
"Joel Burton"
Date:
On 5 Jan 01, at 14:37, Scott Teglasi wrote:

> When I add a record, I fill in the relevant fields, but when I
proceed
> to the next row, the row I just added shows "#Deleted" in all of
the
> columns. It continues to do this as I add records.  When I close
the
> table, then reopen it, my data is there, and the #Deleted is gone.
 It
> does add the data, however when adding new records, and having
> #Deleted shown on my newly added rows, is a bit of a nuisance..
> Anyone have any remedies?

It's a FAQ: www.scw.org/pgaccess.

BTW, questions about Pg + Access are better in pgsql-interfaces,
which deals with interfaces to PostgreSQL.

good luck,

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)