Error with Vaccum Analyze !?

From
Hervé Piedvache
Date:
Hi,

I have a big trouble, and I'm very disapointed !

I have a table with 99 fields and 32584 records ...
I import it with a : COPY quest from 'quest.txt'

Then I do a VACCUM ANALYZE quest, then I get this message :

pouet=# vacuum analyze quest;
FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

Please could you give me a solution ... or an explanation ...

If I do a simple VACUUM quest; one time it answer only VACUUM and once I
get :
NOTICE:  Rel quest: TID 651/31: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
VACUUM

I really don't understand what happend ?

Thanks for your help !

Hervé

Re: Error with Vaccum Analyze !?

Date:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Herv=E9?= Piedvache <herve@elma.fr> writes:
> I have a table with 99 fields and 32584 records ...
> I import it with a : COPY quest from 'quest.txt'

> Then I do a VACCUM ANALYZE quest, then I get this message :

> pouet=# vacuum analyze quest;
> FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()

That looks like corrupted data in your table.  If you can get this
message immediately after creating and loading the table, then I'd
be really interested to see your table definition and data file ...

What Postgres version are you using, anyway?

            regards, tom lane