port from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL

From
"Rommel B. Abaya"
Date:
hi,

i used to have an MSSQLServer database. I would like to ask how can i
port all the data from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL.

TIA

Re: port from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL

From
Andreas Tille
Date:
On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Rommel B. Abaya wrote:

> i used to have an MSSQLServer database. I would like to ask how can i
> port all the data from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL.
I did it this way:

Obtain SQL-codes for tables from MS-SQL server.  Use your favourite
editor to adapt it to the slightly different PostgreSQL syntax/types.

     cat <your_tables_sql_file> | psql

Install PostgreSQL-ODBC driver under Windows.  Import the table data
using Access.

If you have a set of stored procedures on MS-SQL server you have
possible as much trouble as I have currently :-(.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

Re: port from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL

From
Peter Mount
Date:
A few months ago I posted to either the hackers or interfaces list
instructions on how to get MSSQL7 to talk to PostgreSQL (using the ODBC
driver) and to use the DTS (Data Transform Services) to transfer data
between them.

It should be on the archives or in the docs.

Peter

Date: