Re: port from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Tille
Subject Re: port from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Rommel B. Abaya wrote:

> i used to have an MSSQLServer database. I would like to ask how can i
> port all the data from MSSQLServer to PostgreSQL.
I did it this way:

Obtain SQL-codes for tables from MS-SQL server.  Use your favourite
editor to adapt it to the slightly different PostgreSQL syntax/types.

     cat <your_tables_sql_file> | psql

Install PostgreSQL-ODBC driver under Windows.  Import the table data
using Access.

If you have a set of stored procedures on MS-SQL server you have
possible as much trouble as I have currently :-(.

Kind regards

           Andreas.