Re: [GENERAL] book's pdf link

From
Date:
yes. good for netscape. I forgot I hate M$ ;-)
I'm going to read it word by word to systemize my sql/pg knowledge.

Another thing: the general and sql mailing lists' search do not work now.
they only return 1,2,3,... empty links, no content.

thanks!

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I can not get THE book's pdf link. Not sure whether it
> > is my side's irregular firewall issue. If in that case,
> > can it be a http link? I guess I question/request is:
> > seems the ftp link is broken? if not, can it be a http one?
>
> I can get it via Netscape without problems.  Sorry.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Re: [GENERAL] book's pdf link

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 kaiq@realtyideas.com wrote:

> yes. good for netscape. I forgot I hate M$ ;-)
> I'm going to read it word by word to systemize my sql/pg knowledge.
>
> Another thing: the general and sql mailing lists' search do not work now.
> they only return 1,2,3,... empty links, no content.

Remind me about this after tomorrow...tomorrow we're doing a major upgrade
to the server...moving the machine and drives into rackmounted cases, and
more disk space, etc, etc...once that is done, I want to play with the
udmsearch software that uses PostgreSQL for a backend and see if that will
do what ht/dig is currently doing now...

> thanks!
>
> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > I can not get THE book's pdf link. Not sure whether it
> > > is my side's irregular firewall issue. If in that case,
> > > can it be a http link? I guess I question/request is:
> > > seems the ftp link is broken? if not, can it be a http one?
> >
> > I can get it via Netscape without problems.  Sorry.
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
> >

> ************

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

book's pdf link/archive/documentation

From
Date:
it works now -- exactly as you predicted/promised. thanks.
sounds you are going to make big changes, will it affect the everyday
perform of those mail listings?

another thing: is there a way to download a (or a few) big text files
of those listing archives, so that I can simply use vi to do the search
locally?

Also, is the documentation still updating routinely? how often? is the
documentation also has "releases" (I hope), do you sent notice to
the listing when you update the documentation? thanks.

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 kaiq@realtyideas.com wrote:
>
> > yes. good for netscape. I forgot I hate M$ ;-)
> > I'm going to read it word by word to systemize my sql/pg knowledge.
> >
> > Another thing: the general and sql mailing lists' search do not work now.
> > they only return 1,2,3,... empty links, no content.
>
> Remind me about this after tomorrow...tomorrow we're doing a major upgrade
> to the server...moving the machine and drives into rackmounted cases, and
> more disk space, etc, etc...once that is done, I want to play with the
> udmsearch software that uses PostgreSQL for a backend and see if that will
> do what ht/dig is currently doing now...
>
> > thanks!

> > > I can get it via Netscape without problems.  Sorry.
> > >
> > > --
> > >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> > >   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
> > >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> > >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
> > >

> > ************
> >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org
>

> ************

Re: [GENERAL] book's pdf link/archive/documentation

Date:
> Also, is the documentation still updating routinely? how often? is the
> documentation also has "releases" (I hope), do you sent notice to
> the listing when you update the documentation? thanks.

If you mean the book, it is updated every day.

Re: [GENERAL] book's pdf link/archive/documentation

From
Date:
I mean the documentation proper :-) I want to know any new info added.
as for the book, I also hope (I know I ask too much tho) I can have
a "what's new" or a "diff" thing, so that if I read it now, I do not
need to read it over and over again. any solutions for that. Otherwise,
people tend to wait until it gets stable.

kai

Date:
> I mean the documentation proper :-) I want to know any new info added.
> as for the book, I also hope (I know I ask too much tho) I can have
> a "what's new" or a "diff" thing, so that if I read it now, I do not
> need to read it over and over again. any solutions for that. Otherwise,
> people tend to wait until it gets stable.

Documention is updated mostly before each release.