Problem with table,field names.

From
Blashko Alexander
Date:
Hi everybody!
In the Odessa University we have developed Information System
by using Linux (Red hat 5.2), Postgres 6.2, SWI Prolog.
Now we try to use Postgres 6.4, but have folowing problem:
    create table TEST ( Name text);
We use Locale-support ( koi8r)
System Postgres 6.2 reform names of table and fields in low case.
For example:
 create table TEST ( NAME text)
 ->
              test   name
              ^^^^   ^^^^

But in Postgres 6.4 system doesnt reform this names.

We need use old property, because many our applications use
case unsensibility property.
Please, answer, where can we find in src-code this property.

Thank you for you answer.

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with table,field names.

From
Oleg Broytmann
Date:
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Blashko Alexander wrote:
>  create table TEST ( NAME text)

create table "TEST" ( "NAME" text)

   Use double quotations - it is standard SQL feature.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with table,field names.

From
Blashko Alexander
Date:
Thank you for your fast answer.

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Blashko Alexander wrote:
> >  create table TEST ( NAME text)
>
> create table "TEST" ( "NAME" text)
>
>    Use double quotations - it is standard SQL feature.

We use russian names of tables,fields.
When we use english table name, they are reformed in low case by system.
And use name with double quotations, it is not reformed.
But with russian name we cant use this property.
What do you think about it?

Thank you for your answer.