Need help compiling from source

From
Mike G
Date:
Hello,

I am trying to compile and install 7.4.3-1 from source in cygwin on XP Pro.
I installed bison and flex.  The config, make, and make install are successful.  Running initdb though errors out with
thedreaded semctl(....) failed: Invalid argument.

I am guessing that I am not linking to cygserver at all or correctly.

I also copied build.sh from CYGWIN-PATCHES to the top of the tree, and executed it to do all the above in one step.
Sameerror generated.  Have tried distclean between builds.

I do not have the src for cygserver or ipc-daemon.  Must I build those from src as well before building postgres?

Mike

Re: Need help compiling from source

From
"Leeuw van der, Tim"
Date:
Hi Mike,

AFAIK, you should remove cygipc from your system. And then possibly re-install the core cygwin dll, to re-install some
IPCutilities. But I'm not sure about the need for that.

regards,

--Tim

I am trying to compile and install 7.4.3-1 from source in cygwin on XP Pro.
I installed bison and flex.  The config, make, and make install are successful.  Running initdb though errors out with
thedreaded semctl(....) failed: Invalid argument.

I am guessing that I am not linking to cygserver at all or correctly.

I also copied build.sh from CYGWIN-PATCHES to the top of the tree, and executed it to do all the above in one step.
Sameerror generated.  Have tried distclean between builds.

I do not have the src for cygserver or ipc-daemon.  Must I build those from src as well before building postgres?

Mike

Re: Need help compiling from source

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:21:04AM +0200, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> AFAIK, you should remove cygipc from your system.

Yes.

> And then possibly re-install the core cygwin dll, to re-install some
> IPC utilities. But I'm not sure about the need for that.

IIRC, the above is not necessary.

Jason

Re: Need help compiling from source

From
mike g
Date:
Ok,

The cygwin setup program doesn't have an option to uninstall cygipc so I
did have to uninstall cygwin and then reinstall to remove it.

I am still getting the error though.  I played around with the
cygserver.conf settings as suggested in the Readme with no luck.

Perhaps I will uninstall cygwin again, delete all the directories, and
do a fresh install.

Mike
On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 06:29, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:21:04AM +0200, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> > AFAIK, you should remove cygipc from your system.
>
> Yes.
>
> > And then possibly re-install the core cygwin dll, to re-install some
> > IPC utilities. But I'm not sure about the need for that.
>
> IIRC, the above is not necessary.
>
> Jason

Re: Need help compiling from source

From
"Rodrigo Santos "
Date:
Dear friends,

I need to subscribe me this list. Please,  Help me. Jason Tishler could you help me?

Thanks and regards.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:21:04AM +0200, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> AFAIK, you should remove cygipc from your system.

Yes.

> And then possibly re-install the core cygwin dll, to re-install some
> IPC utilities. But I'm not sure about the need for that.

IIRC, the above is not necessary.

Jason

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

SIZE does matter - The UK's biggest *Free* Web based mail - 10 MB Free
mail.lycos.co.uk