Thought for updating the Case Studies page

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Looking at the Case Studies page:

   http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/

Many of those are pretty old, and the list isn't all
that expansive.

As a thought for expanding it out a bit, we already have a list
of businesses offering PostgreSQL in various ways:

   http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/ (by region)
   http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting/ (also by
region)

If we reach out to the contact people for each of the listed entries
there, we could quickly ask:

   * Would your company be a suitable Case Study for the PostgreSQL
     website?
   * Would any of your customers (or other contacts) be a suitable
     Case Study for the PostgreSQL website?

The initial reach-ing out bit is fairly straightforward, processing
the
website shouldn't be too hard either.

Thoughts? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Thought for updating the Case Studies page

From
Justin Clift
Date:
On 20 Mar 2016, at 03:39, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Russian market is fast growing, there are more interesting cases there.
> Attached is a set of logos, it's a bit outdated, I'll refresh it by beginning of April (when we'll have two
#PostgreSQLRussiameetups where I have a tradition to show the new version of it).

> Among them:
>   Avito.ru – the largest classifieds in Europe (reportedly 7M DAU, 250M page views, 1.5TB main DB size)
>   Vedomosti.ru, major business daily newspaper (who published that article about Oracle's letter recently ;-) )
>   Coub.com – coubs! :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coub
>   Sports.ru, largest Russian sports-related online resource
>   Postila.ru, "Russian Pinterest"
>   Woman.ru, the biggest independent resource in Russian for ladies
>   GameInsight, game developer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Insight
>   1C, Russian ERP for small and mid-sized businesses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1C_Company
>   hh.ru (HeadHunter.ru), major Russian recruitment company
>   2GIS – one of major local companies proving GIS-related services in Russia
>   World of Tanks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks
>
> Companies/projects that particularly migrated (or in the process of migration) from Oracle:
>   MIA "Russia Today" (ex RIA Novosti, ex Soviet Information Bureau)
>   Bank of Moscow
>   Housing and Utilities infrastructure (ЖКХ) in Russian state services (GosUslugi), system developed by LANIT
>   Yandex.Mail, the second largest email service in Russia
>
> This is absolutely incomplete list, a lot of new interesting project can be added very soon.
> Maybe some of these are worth to add to Case Studies and/or to 9.6 (and later) press-release citations.

Cool. :)

From what I remember (it's been a while), for them to be official Case Studies
they need to give their official "ok" with being included.

It's just a form to sign by a "senior enough" person at the company, to make
sure there's no misunderstanding.  Also, it's a good idea for us to really get
in contact with someone at the company that knows about the PG use, to get some
details for making public.  (positive PR on both sides :>).

I'm not sure if we still have the forms around for doing this.  I can dig them
up again (or remake them) if no-one else has them. :)

+ Justin

Re: Thought for updating the Case Studies page

From
Josh berkus
Date:
On 03/19/2016 07:20 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> Looking at the Case Studies page:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/
>
> Many of those are pretty old, and the list isn't all
> that expansive.
>
> As a thought for expanding it out a bit, we already have a list
> of businesses offering PostgreSQL in various ways:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/ (by region)
>   http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting/ (also by region)
>
> If we reach out to the contact people for each of the listed entries
> there, we could quickly ask:
>
>   * Would your company be a suitable Case Study for the PostgreSQL
>     website?
>   * Would any of your customers (or other contacts) be a suitable
>     Case Study for the PostgreSQL website?
>
> The initial reach-ing out bit is fairly straightforward, processing
> website shouldn't be too hard either.
>
> Thoughts? :)

First, it's great to hear from you after so long!

Second, I think there's an easier way if someone wants to do the
legwork: just collect a list of every company who has slides online for
a presentation dealing with their use of PostgreSQL.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Re: Thought for updating the Case Studies page

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 03/21/2016 02:03 PM, Josh berkus wrote:

> Second, I think there's an easier way if someone wants to do the
> legwork: just collect a list of every company who has slides online for
> a presentation dealing with their use of PostgreSQL.

+1

                         +1-503-667-4564

Date:
On 21 Mar 2016, at 21:03, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 03/19/2016 07:20 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Looking at the Case Studies page:
>>
>>  http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/
>>
>> Many of those are pretty old, and the list isn't all
>> that expansive.
>>
>> As a thought for expanding it out a bit, we already have a list
>> of businesses offering PostgreSQL in various ways:
>>
>>  http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/ (by region)
>>  http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting/ (also by region)
>>
>> If we reach out to the contact people for each of the listed entries
>> there, we could quickly ask:
>>
>>  * Would your company be a suitable Case Study for the PostgreSQL
>>    website?
>>  * Would any of your customers (or other contacts) be a suitable
>>    Case Study for the PostgreSQL website?
>>
>> The initial reach-ing out bit is fairly straightforward, processing
>> website shouldn't be too hard either.
>>
>> Thoughts? :)
>
> First, it's great to hear from you after so long!

Needed a break for a bit. :D

> Second, I think there's an easier way if someone wants to do the
> legwork: just collect a list of every company who has slides online for
> a presentation dealing with their use of PostgreSQL.

No worries.  My time is reasonably flexible at the moment, so shouldn't
be a stress to put some time into this.

First things first, I need to get my head around how the websites are done
these days.  Will read through the pgsql-www archives and take it from
there. :)

+ Justin