Re: Thought for updating the Case Studies page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Thought for updating the Case Studies page
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 20 Mar 2016, at 03:39, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Russian market is fast growing, there are more interesting cases there.
> Attached is a set of logos, it's a bit outdated, I'll refresh it by beginning of April (when we'll have two
#PostgreSQLRussiameetups where I have a tradition to show the new version of it).

> Among them:
>   Avito.ru – the largest classifieds in Europe (reportedly 7M DAU, 250M page views, 1.5TB main DB size)
>   Vedomosti.ru, major business daily newspaper (who published that article about Oracle's letter recently ;-) )
>   Coub.com – coubs! :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coub
>   Sports.ru, largest Russian sports-related online resource
>   Postila.ru, "Russian Pinterest"
>   Woman.ru, the biggest independent resource in Russian for ladies
>   GameInsight, game developer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Insight
>   1C, Russian ERP for small and mid-sized businesses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1C_Company
>   hh.ru (HeadHunter.ru), major Russian recruitment company
>   2GIS – one of major local companies proving GIS-related services in Russia
>   World of Tanks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks
>
> Companies/projects that particularly migrated (or in the process of migration) from Oracle:
>   MIA "Russia Today" (ex RIA Novosti, ex Soviet Information Bureau)
>   Bank of Moscow
>   Housing and Utilities infrastructure (ЖКХ) in Russian state services (GosUslugi), system developed by LANIT
>   Yandex.Mail, the second largest email service in Russia
>
> This is absolutely incomplete list, a lot of new interesting project can be added very soon.
> Maybe some of these are worth to add to Case Studies and/or to 9.6 (and later) press-release citations.

Cool. :)

From what I remember (it's been a while), for them to be official Case Studies
they need to give their official "ok" with being included.

It's just a form to sign by a "senior enough" person at the company, to make
sure there's no misunderstanding.  Also, it's a good idea for us to really get
in contact with someone at the company that knows about the PG use, to get some
details for making public.  (positive PR on both sides :>).

I'm not sure if we still have the forms around for doing this.  I can dig them
up again (or remake them) if no-one else has them. :)

+ Justin