Please help develop a 9.3 wiki page

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

For the beta release, it would be really helpful to construct a 9.3 wiki
page, including information on the various features, how they are
supposed to work, and discussions on using and testing them, and links
to further information, like blogs.

Ian, it would be very helpful if you could copy your blog digest to this
wiki page.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Features

Thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Please help develop a 9.3 wiki page

From
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Date:
2013/4/28 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> Folks,
>
> For the beta release, it would be really helpful to construct a 9.3 wiki
> page, including information on the various features, how they are
> supposed to work, and discussions on using and testing them, and links
> to further information, like blogs.
>
> Ian, it would be very helpful if you could copy your blog digest to this
> wiki page.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Features

Hi Josh,

Sure, I'll get the list updated and copied later today.

Regards

Ian

Re: Please help develop a 9.3 wiki page

From
damien clochard
Date:
Le 28/04/2013 02:02, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> For the beta release, it would be really helpful to construct a 9.3 wiki
> page, including information on the various features, how they are
> supposed to work, and discussions on using and testing them, and links
> to further information, like blogs.
>
> Ian, it would be very helpful if you could copy your blog digest to this
> wiki page.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Features

I think we should keep the "What's new" format. It seemed popular for
the previous releases :

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.0
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2

Date:
> I think we should keep the "What's new" format. It seemed popular for
> the previous releases :

Sure.  Can you migrate the page?

--

Date:
2013/4/28 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>:
> 2013/4/28 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> Folks,
>>
>> For the beta release, it would be really helpful to construct a 9.3 wiki
>> page, including information on the various features, how they are
>> supposed to work, and discussions on using and testing them, and links
>> to further information, like blogs.
>>
>> Ian, it would be very helpful if you could copy your blog digest to this
>> wiki page.
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Features
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> Sure, I'll get the list updated and copied later today.

I added this as a separate page for now, as it's a bit long:

  https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.3_Blog_Posts

I guess it would make sense to move the links from here to the main
features page as it is expanded.

Regards

Ian

Date:

done : https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3

Re: Please help develop a 9.3 wiki page

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

As a reminder, Beta 1 will be going out this week.  It would be great to
flesh out the What's New page a bit more.

Date:
2013/5/7 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> Folks,
>
> As a reminder, Beta 1 will be going out this week.  It would be great to
> flesh out the What's New page a bit more.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3

I've updated / added a few items, will continue as time permits.

Regards

Ian Barwick

Date:
On 05/07/2013 11:08 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2013/5/7 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> Folks,
>>
>> As a reminder, Beta 1 will be going out this week.  It would be great to
>> flesh out the What's New page a bit more.
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3
>
> I've updated / added a few items, will continue as time permits.

Thanks!  It's looking really good so far.

--

Date:
2013/5/9 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> On 05/07/2013 11:08 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
>> 2013/5/7 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> As a reminder, Beta 1 will be going out this week.  It would be great to
>>> flesh out the What's New page a bit more.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3
>>
>> I've updated / added a few items, will continue as time permits.
>
> Thanks!  It's looking really good so far.

Unfortunately my time budget has fallen off the temporal cliff for the next
36 hours or so, so I'll have to leave it to someone else for now.

Regards

Ian Barwick