Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From
"Bret Fledderjohn"
Date:
I'm new to PostgreSQL, however a big open source software fan.  I'm the team contact/leader for the Ubuntu Pennsylvania Local Community Team, and am looking for ways to help with the PostgreSQL team.  I am currently a Computer Information Systems (Database Analyst tract) student at night.  During the day I sell advertising on four radio stations here in Harrisburg.

Since I am by no means capable of helping with coding, and since I have a marketing background, this seems to be a good place to start.  :-)

I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

I'm also going to see if I can help with the PostgreSQL packaging for Ubuntu.

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to working with everyone.

--
- Bret
Bret Fledderjohn

Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> I'm new to PostgreSQL, however a big open source software fan.  I'm the
> team contact/leader for the Ubuntu Pennsylvania Local Community Team,
> and am looking for ways to help with the PostgreSQL team.  I am

Glad to have you.

> I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC
> (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the
> mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

Selena Deckelmann is our User Group Liaison: selena@postgresql.org . She
can help you with the requirements on that front. We can also help you
with others things like flyers and swag.

> I'm also going to see if I can help with the PostgreSQL packaging for
> Ubuntu.

I believe the person you need to talk to for Ubuntu is Martin Pitt.

https://launchpad.net/~pitti

> Thanks for listening, and I look forward to working with everyone.

You may also want to join pgus-general@postgresql.org which is the
general list for postgresql in the United States.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From
"Bret Fledderjohn"

I'm new to PostgreSQL, however a big open source software fan.  I'm the team contact/leader for the Ubuntu Pennsylvania Local Community Team, and am looking for ways to help with the PostgreSQL team.  I am

Glad to have you.

Nice to be here :-)

I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

Selena Deckelmann is our User Group Liaison: selena@postgresql.org . She can help you with the requirements on that front. We can also help you with others things like flyers and swag.

I'm also going to see if I can help with the PostgreSQL packaging for Ubuntu.

I believe the person you need to talk to for Ubuntu is Martin Pitt.

https://launchpad.net/~pitti

Thanks for that... I'll get in touch with him. I've seen his name all over the place in the Ubuntu community.

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to working with everyone.

You may also want to join pgus-general@postgresql.org which is the general list for postgresql in the United States.
I've already joined, and subscribed to the email list.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Thanks Joshua,  I appreciate the warm welcome!

--
- Bret

Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 05 May 2008 21:07:37 Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC
> (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the
> mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

Yep, bwpug is having it's first meeting May 14th in Columbia, MD, if you want
to make the trek down. (see http://pugs.postgresql.org/bwpug for more info,
though feel free to ping me with any questions).

--
Robert Treat

Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From
"Bret Fledderjohn"
Date:
Hi Robert!

2008/5/6 Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>:
On Monday 05 May 2008 21:07:37 Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC
> (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the
> mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

Yep, bwpug is having it's first meeting May 14th in Columbia, MD, if you want
to make the trek down. (see http://pugs.postgresql.org/bwpug for more info,
though feel free to ping me with any questions).
Thanks for the invite.  I'd love to get down there, but it's not going to work on the 14th.

But, I'm going to subscribe to your email list, so that I can see what you're up to.  :-)

--
Robert Treat

Thanks again,

--