[Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
Cornelia Boenigk
Date:
Hi,

I thought you might be happy about a small "present" for the great
community!
It's not much, but i hope you'll be as happy as i was creating it for
you :-)

Greetings,

Lukas "impulse" Chaplin

Forwarded from de@postgresql.org
Regards
Conni

Attachment

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, poppcorn@cornelia-boenigk.de (Cornelia Boenigk) transmitted:
> I thought you might be happy about a small "present" for the great
> community!
> It's not much, but i hope you'll be as happy as i was creating it for
> you :-)

A mild suggestion...

In keeping with some of the other recent discussions of common
confusions, if you were to redo it in mixed case, with the text
portion reading "PostgresQL", rather than "POSTGRESQL", that would be
subtly better.  (People commonly make the mistake of dropping off SQL,
and characterizing it as "Postgre"...)
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/lisp.html

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
Unless I missed something and am wrong, right now it's PostgreSQL.
If we want to change it great, but lets at least be consistent.

Gavin

On Jul 22, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Unless I missed something and am wrong, right now it's PostgreSQL.  If
> we want to change it great, but lets at least be consistent.

Correct. The project is PostgreSQL, not PostgresQL or Postgre.

It is also not likely to change at any point in the near future.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Conni,

> I thought you might be happy about a small "present" for the great
> community!
> It's not much, but i hope you'll be as happy as i was creating it for
> you :-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Lukas "impulse" Chaplin

Thanks, and thank Lukas for me!   Is it OK to distribute these as
BSD-licenced?   I'd like to put them up on the "Graphics" project.

--Josh

Date:
Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought you might be happy about a small "present" for the great
> community!
> It's not much, but i hope you'll be as happy as i was creating it for
> you :-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Lukas "impulse" Chaplin

I think it looks great! Thanks for the effort.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
Cornelia Boenigk
Date:
Hi Josh & Joshua

Response from Lukas ;-)

Regards
Conni

Hi,

I'm not familiar to the BSD-licence, but hey, do what every you want.
It's mine, yours, ours, theirs, whatever  :-)

Cornelia Boenigk wrote:

 > > Hi Lukas
 > >
 > > Danke auch vo Josh Berkus und gleich ne Frage:

 > > Gruesse
 > > Conni

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 03:13:49AM +0200, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought you might be happy about a small "present" for the great
> community!
> It's not much, but i hope you'll be as happy as i was creating it for
> you :-)

These are great :)

phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

Date:
Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> Hi Josh & Joshua
>
> Response from Lukas ;-)
>
> Regards
> Conni
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm not familiar to the BSD-licence, but hey, do what every you want.
> It's mine, yours, ours, theirs, whatever  :-)

We you just basically said what the BSD license is ;)

Joshua D. Drake

> Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
>
>  > > Hi Lukas
>  > >
>  > > Danke auch vo Josh Berkus und gleich ne Frage:
>  > >
>  >> > > Thanks, and thank Lukas for me!   Is it OK to distribute these as
>  >> > > BSD-licenced?   I'd like to put them up on the "Graphics" project.
>  > >
>  > > Gruesse
>  > > Conni

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [Fwd: Small PostgreSQL Logos for the Community]

Date:
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
[ There is text before PGP section. ]

> > In keeping with some of the other recent discussions of common
> > confusions, if you were to redo it in mixed case, with the text
> > portion reading "PostgresQL", rather than "POSTGRESQL", that would be
> > subtly better.  (People commonly make the mistake of dropping off SQL,
> > and characterizing it as "Postgre"...)
>
> Argh. And PostgresQL is better? Then people will ask what QL stands for.

QL == Query Language, of course.  :-)

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us