Brochure(s)

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
but I'm not finding anything.

Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed samples
up to Toronto.

Some body point me?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Darcy Buskermolen
Date:
On Thursday 25 May 2006 09:07, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
> but I'm not finding anything.
>
> Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
> may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed samples
> up to Toronto.
>
> Some body point me?
I belive this is the brochure being referenced

http://www.treehou.se/~swm/postgresql.pdf

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.

http://www.wavefire.com
ph: 250.717.0200
fx: 250.763.1759

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mike,

> Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
> but I'm not finding anything.
>
> Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
> may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed samples
> up to Toronto.
> Some body point me?

Gavin Sherry has some nice stuff.  I'll bug him to put it up on the
"press" project.

--Josh

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Mike,
>
> > Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
> > but I'm not finding anything.
> >
> > Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
> > may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed samples
> > up to Toronto.
> > Some body point me?
>
> Gavin Sherry has some nice stuff.  I'll bug him to put it up on the
> "press" project.

http://www.treehou.se/~swm/postgresql.pdf

Thanks,

Gavin

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Quoth nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com (Mike Ellsworth):
> Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
> but I'm not finding anything.
>
> Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
> may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed
> samples up to Toronto.
>
> Some body point me?

The good one, I think, is found here...

<http://net-tex.dnsalias.org/~stefan/nt/unix/postgresql.html>

It's a two page flyer that explains numerous of the merits of
PostgreSQL...
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/slony.html

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
Thanks Darcy, Gavin, Christopher.

Both are set up for A4 so we'll work up a couple of alternative sizes/layouts that will work with a standard window envelopes.

Part of our own little experiment for mailing to "business/computer editors" at printed newspapers.  I'll bring a handful of samples to Toronto.

Thanks,
Mike

Gavin Sherry wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

Mike,

Mention was made last week about brochure(s).  I've poked around a bit
but I'm not finding anything.

Printed materials are in our wheelhouse.  Depending on what I see, we
may be able to develop some alternatives and I'll bring printed samples
up to Toronto.
Some body point me?
Gavin Sherry has some nice stuff.  I'll bug him to put it up on the
"press" project.
http://www.treehou.se/~swm/postgresql.pdf

Thanks,

Gavin

Re: Brochure(s)

From
"Euler Taveira de Oliveira"
Date:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 7:26 am, Mike Ellsworth said:

> Part of our own little experiment for mailing to "business/computer
> editors" at printed newspapers.  I'll bring a handful of samples to
> Toronto.

What about make it available here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda
So others can even l10n-ify it.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
Will do.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 7:26 am, Mike Ellsworth said:

Part of our own little experiment for mailing to "business/computer
editors" at printed newspapers.  I'll bring a handful of samples to
Toronto.

What about make it available here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda
So others can even l10n-ify it.

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> It's a two page flyer that explains numerous of the merits of
> PostgreSQL...

Who is the audience for that flyer?  Because if it's corporate
people, it won't work.  They will never read that much stuff.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.
        --Bruce Schneier

Re: Brochure(s)

From
stefan@net-tex.de
Date:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > It's a two page flyer that explains numerous of the merits of
> > PostgreSQL...
>
> Who is the audience for that flyer?  Because if it's corporate
> people, it won't work.  They will never read that much stuff.

I originally designed them for a Hacker Convention and a Linux Con 2yrs
ago.
The are for Techies not Suits ;-)

However, I build some major new flyers and posters for NetBSD with a
different design (simple DIN A4 and A5, two sided with 2 columns), so I
can rework some flyers with less text and mor pictures or fancy art.

If you have some Input, please send it to me, the most challenging quest
is not the design, but the text.

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On May 30, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
>> It's a two page flyer that explains numerous of the merits of
>> PostgreSQL...
>
> Who is the audience for that flyer?  Because if it's corporate
> people, it won't work.  They will never read that much stuff.

We (Pervasive) have been working on some stuff that's targeted at the
corporate audience, in the form of case studies. One should hopefully
be out in the next week or two, with another to follow probably in
4-6 weeks.

If someone has ideas for collateral other than case studies,
Pervasive is willing to spend time on developing the content, layout,
etc. The stuff we've done thus-far is laid out with the standard
Pervasive graphics, but we could probably come up with something a
bit more community-centric as well. And of course the content is free
to be re-used.

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Michael Dean
Date:
Ya'll probably have seen this, but I just stumbled on it.  Yet Another
mysql vs postgresql:
monstera.man.poznan.pl/wiki/index.php/Mysql_vs_postgres

Re: Brochure(s)

From
Chris Browne
Date:
ajs@crankycanuck.ca (Andrew Sullivan) writes:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
>> It's a two page flyer that explains numerous of the merits of
>> PostgreSQL...
>
> Who is the audience for that flyer?  Because if it's corporate
> people, it won't work.  They will never read that much stuff.

There's room for two flyers.

"Corporate people" may want the one which has most of a page devoted
to a picture of a building.

If handing something out at OSCON, I think I'd like to have a supply
of the one with "that much stuff."
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/wp.html