LW Boston

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

As most of you probably know, we (PostgreSQL) were at LinuxWorld Boston
this past week. The show although small, was very positive. We received
alot of traffic and very specific pointed questions.

This is the first show that I have been to where people were actually
using PostgreSQL for their business. (OSCON was always about development).

We had several people looking for DW and BI which Greenplum was a nice
addition, plus a couple that were using OpenExchange.

We were approached by several major corps including Unisys, Hitachi and
AMD. Personally I also performed a talk at the Intel booth about
PostgreSQL which seemed to go over well.

The booth went off without a hitch and we had several community members
there.

Thanks everyone for helping us make the PostgreSQL booth the best OSS
booth in the pavilion.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: LW Boston

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Thanks everyone for helping us make the PostgreSQL booth the best OSS
> booth in the pavilion.

Thank you for organizing it!

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: LW Boston

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Quoth jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake"):
> Thanks everyone for helping us make the PostgreSQL booth the best OSS
> booth in the pavilion.

Good show...

In what ways was the PostgreSQL booth best?  Busiest?  Most, um, ???
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/lsf.html

Re: LW Boston

From
"Luke Lonergan"
Date:
Josh,

On 4/8/06 10:59 AM, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for helping us make the PostgreSQL booth the best OSS
> booth in the pavilion.

Thanks for hosting - Frank and Ayush had a great time and also said there
was terrific interest there.

It's an exciting time for Postgres!

- Luke

Re: LW Boston

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
On Saturday 08 April 2006 22:32, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Quoth jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake"):
> Good show...
>
> In what ways was the PostgreSQL booth best?  Busiest?  Most, um, ???

We had anywhere from 2 to 7+ people manning the booth at all times. Visitors
always came away with a smile on their face. Many came over to say they
supported the project. A lot of them came to ask for real problems and more
than a few were to get support and be prepared to pay for it.

How good? The MySQL booth guys came over from their booth and picked up more
than a few of our "elephant roasting dolphin" postcard.

Re: LW Boston

From
"Mark Aufflick"
Date:
Is the artwork for the "elephant roasting dolphin" postcard online? :)

Re: LW Boston

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 00:26, Mark Aufflick wrote:
> Is the artwork for the "elephant roasting dolphin" postcard online? :)

http://www.commandprompt.com/images/mammoth_versus_dolphin_500.jpg

somewhere I think you can get t-shirts too

--
Robert Treat

Re: LW Boston

From
"Mitch Pirtle"
Date:
On 4/9/06, Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2006 22:32, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > Quoth jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake"):
> > Good show...
> >
> > In what ways was the PostgreSQL booth best?  Busiest?  Most, um, ???
>
> We had anywhere from 2 to 7+ people manning the booth at all times. Visitors
> always came away with a smile on their face. Many came over to say they
> supported the project. A lot of them came to ask for real problems and more
> than a few were to get support and be prepared to pay for it.

These guys even had a steady stream of fortune cookies happily donated
by other FOSS proejcts ;-)

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer

Re: LW Boston

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
> These guys even had a steady stream of fortune cookies happily donated
> by other FOSS proejcts ;-)

I thought Bruce brought all of those ;)

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Mitch Pirtle
> Joomla! Core Developer
> Open Source Matters

                      http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: LW Boston

From
"Mitch Pirtle"
Date:
On 4/11/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > These guys even had a steady stream of fortune cookies happily donated
> > by other FOSS proejcts ;-)
>
> I thought Bruce brought all of those ;)

You mean he actually shared the ones that he took? *gasp*

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer

Re: LW Boston

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 22:58 -0400, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >
> > > These guys even had a steady stream of fortune cookies happily donated
> > > by other FOSS proejcts ;-)
> >
> > I thought Bruce brought all of those ;)
>
> You mean he actually shared the ones that he took? *gasp*

I think shared is too strong a word. ;)

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/