LW Boston - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject LW Boston
Date
Re: LW Boston
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

As most of you probably know, we (PostgreSQL) were at LinuxWorld Boston
this past week. The show although small, was very positive. We received
alot of traffic and very specific pointed questions.

This is the first show that I have been to where people were actually
using PostgreSQL for their business. (OSCON was always about development).

We had several people looking for DW and BI which Greenplum was a nice
addition, plus a couple that were using OpenExchange.

We were approached by several major corps including Unisys, Hitachi and
AMD. Personally I also performed a talk at the Intel booth about
PostgreSQL which seemed to go over well.

The booth went off without a hitch and we had several community members
there.

Thanks everyone for helping us make the PostgreSQL booth the best OSS
booth in the pavilion.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      http://www.commandprompt.com/