Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Several of you have already contacted me to volunteer as regional press
contacts for 8.0.  Before I finalize the  list and send contact instructions,
I wanted to make sure we have all regions covered where we have someone (list
follows).

Secondly, I'd like to see some discussion for each region/language which has a
web site whether you want to put the press page in your language up on the
main postgresql site (www.postgresql.org) or whether you want it on your web
site.  Here I'm thinking of:  Poland, France, Russia, Sweden, Japan, Brazil,
the Spanish website, and German.   Oddly, we seem to have Czech web site but
no volunteer Czech translator :-(

I tend to think that putting it on the regional web sites makes more sense,
though it would be administratively harder ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

> Several of you have already contacted me to volunteer as regional press
> contacts for 8.0.  Before I finalize the  list and send contact
> instructions, I wanted to make sure we have all regions covered where we
> have someone (list follows).

Ooops, forgot the list:

****IF you are on the list below and DONT want to be a contact, please let me
know very soon!****

Also, please check your contact info at:
http://www.postgresql.org/presskit/en/presskit74.html
And let me know where there's changes.

Americas:
USA/Canada
    Josh Berkus
    Bruce Momjian
Argentina
    Christian Kuroki
Chile
    Alvaro Herrera
Ecuador
    Jaime Casanova
Brazil
    Diogo de Oliveira Biazus

Asia:
India
    Shridhar Daithankar
Japan
    Tatsuo Ishii / JPUG

Australia
    Gavin Sherry

Europe
France & French-speakers:
    (note: maybe you two should take your respective countries?)
    Francois Suter
    Jean-Christophe
Austria
    Ewald Geschwinde
Germany
    Anastasios Hatzis
Italy
    Stefano Reksten
Sweden
    Dennis Bjorklund
Finland
    Jussi Mikkola
Hungary
    Hornyak Lazlo
Romania
    Adrian Maier
Slovenia
    Aleksander Kmetec
Turkey
    Devrim Gunduz
UK
    Simon Riggs
Poland
    Dawid Kuroczko

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wednesday 10 November 2004 20:22, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Several of you have already contacted me to volunteer as regional press
> contacts for 8.0.  Before I finalize the  list and send contact
> instructions, I wanted to make sure we have all regions covered where we
> have someone (list follows).
>
> Secondly, I'd like to see some discussion for each region/language which
> has a web site whether you want to put the press page in your language up
> on the main postgresql site (www.postgresql.org) or whether you want it on
> your web site.  Here I'm thinking of:  Poland, France, Russia, Sweden,
> Japan, Brazil, the Spanish website, and German.   Oddly, we seem to have
> Czech web site but no volunteer Czech translator :-(
>
> I tend to think that putting it on the regional web sites makes more sense,
> though it would be administratively harder ...

I think we should plan to put them all on the main www website, and then
inform the regional sites that they can copy them to thier site (as opposed
to just linking to it) but that they are responsible for the specifics of
that.

--
Robert Treat

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Andrew,

> Is there any reason to have a Canadian presence on here, and is there
> a reason to have someone who can speak French?  (Or redirect the
> franco-Canadians to the Frenchs-speaking folks, or something?
> Canada's population is about 20% francophone.)

Are you volunteering?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:38:48AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Is there any reason to have a Canadian presence on here, and is there
> > a reason to have someone who can speak French?  (Or redirect the

> Are you volunteering?

Actaully, my technical French is sufficiently bad that it would
probably be harmful to our cause.  And I'm not sure there'd be much
advantage anglo-only.  If anyone thinks differently, though, let me
know.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
        --Alexander Hamilton

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press

From
Jean-Christophe Arnu
Date:
Andrew Sullivan m'expliquait  (le 11.11.2004 19:42):

>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:38:48AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>>Is there any reason to have a Canadian presence on here, and is there
>>>a reason to have someone who can speak French?  (Or redirect the
>>>

>Actaully, my technical French is sufficiently bad that it would
>probably be harmful to our cause.  And I'm not sure there'd be much
>advantage anglo-only.  If anyone thinks differently, though, let me
>know.

    Well, I'm not sure abour my proposal (if it's well fitted to the needs).
    Maybe you could redirect your french traffic to us, if François and
you agree. The best is to have a QC/francophone contact on your atlantic
side. If you don't, I have a friend of mine in Montreal that could
eventually be a contact (I will send him a mail to know this). Local
contact will add credibility to our project (IMHO).

    Let us (François and I) know your decision.

Cheers

--
Jean-Christophe

Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From
Francois Suter
Date:
Hi,

As far as the translation is concerned, I suppose the translation we
are doing with the French/Swiss/Belgian community is certainly good
enough for Quebec, barring some colloquialisms. However, we have no one
with press contacts in Quebec, so that could be useful I guess.

Cheers.

Francois