"Business of Open Source Software" conference

From
"Dan Langille"
Date:
On January 26th, there will be a "Business of Open Source Software"
conference here in Ottawa (see http://www.oclug.on.ca/boss/ for
details).

"The first conference focussed on the fundamentals of open source
software -- its theory, history, and manufacture. This year, we will
be examining the practical employment of open source software in the
office."

Although the emphasis is on the office, and given that Ottawa is a
government town, I think this would be a very good advocacy
opportunity.  There will be opportunities for live demonstration of
product and technology.

FWIW: I'm in Ottawa and I'm just barely involved in the organisation
of the event.

Any suggestions?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/

Re: "Business of Open Source Software" conference

From
Robert Treat
Date:
A demonstration of the open office / postgresql combo seems appropriate.
I've seen some docs for mysql in this regard, if they could be modified
to work with postgresql it would give you take home literature to pass
out.

Robert Treat

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 14:10, Dan Langille wrote:
> On January 26th, there will be a "Business of Open Source Software"
> conference here in Ottawa (see http://www.oclug.on.ca/boss/ for
> details).
>
> "The first conference focussed on the fundamentals of open source
> software -- its theory, history, and manufacture. This year, we will
> be examining the practical employment of open source software in the
> office."
>
> Although the emphasis is on the office, and given that Ottawa is a
> government town, I think this would be a very good advocacy
> opportunity.  There will be opportunities for live demonstration of
> product and technology.
>
> FWIW: I'm in Ottawa and I'm just barely involved in the organisation
> of the event.
>
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/

Re: "Business of Open Source Software" conference

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:

> A demonstration of the open office / postgresql combo seems appropriate.
> I've seen some docs for mysql in this regard, if they could be modified
> to work with postgresql it would give you take home literature to pass
> out.

And they'd be included on the OpenOffice site.

There is *nothing* on the OpenOffice site about OpenOffice + PostgreSQL,
just OpenOffice + MySQL.

Anything regarding OpenOffice + PostgreSQL would be warmly welcomed
there.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Robert Treat
>
> On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 14:10, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On January 26th, there will be a "Business of Open Source Software"
> > conference here in Ottawa (see http://www.oclug.on.ca/boss/ for
> > details).
> >
> > "The first conference focussed on the fundamentals of open source
> > software -- its theory, history, and manufacture. This year, we will
> > be examining the practical employment of open source software in the
> > office."
> >
> > Although the emphasis is on the office, and given that Ottawa is a
> > government town, I think this would be a very good advocacy
> > opportunity.  There will be opportunities for live demonstration of
> > product and technology.
> >
> > FWIW: I'm in Ottawa and I'm just barely involved in the organisation
> > of the event.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > --
> > Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/

   - Indira Gandhi

Date:
On 3 Dec 2002 at 10:49, Justin Clift wrote:

> Robert Treat wrote:
> >
> > A demonstration of the open office / postgresql combo seems appropriate.
> > I've seen some docs for mysql in this regard, if they could be modified
> > to work with postgresql it would give you take home literature to pass
> > out.
>
> And they'd be included on the OpenOffice site.
>
> There is *nothing* on the OpenOffice site about OpenOffice + PostgreSQL,
> just OpenOffice + MySQL.
>
> Anything regarding OpenOffice + PostgreSQL would be warmly welcomed
> there.

Do we have a volunteer?
--

Date:
On 2 Dec 2002 at 14:10, Dan Langille wrote:

> On January 26th, there will be a "Business of Open Source Software"
> conference here in Ottawa (see http://www.oclug.on.ca/boss/ for
> details).

I forgot to mention that it's part of OSW (Open Source Weekend).  See
http://www.osw.ca/ for details.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/