The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready in time for 7.3

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi everyone,

The PostgreSQL WWW team have been finishing off the new
www.postgresql.org portal (presently viewable at
wwwdevel.postgresql.org), and it looks like it will be ready in time for
our 7.3 release.

Am wondering if the experienced marketing people on this mailing list
feel it's worth adding information about that to the PG 7.3 Press
Release?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready in time for 7.3

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date:

Re: The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready in

From
Justin Clift
Date:
greg@turnstep.com wrote:

<snip>
> Not until after it has actually moved over.

Good point.  Do you mean "Moved over, tested, and confirmed good"?

> What is the proper forum for making suggestions about the new site
> anyway?

Not sure if the main PG WWW Team's email address is open to
non-subscribers or not, so probably emailing them to Dave Page
<dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> is the best bet.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Greg Sabino Mullane greg@turnstep.com
> PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200211261049

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 10:52, Justin Clift wrote:
> greg@turnstep.com wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > Not until after it has actually moved over.
>
> Good point.  Do you mean "Moved over, tested, and confirmed good"?

I think even at that point, I wouldn't want to make to big of deal out
of it in *this* press release, otherwise your in danger of diluting the
message that we have a new kick arse version of the software. :-)

Robert Treat

Re: The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready in time for 7.3

From
"Andy Samuel"
Date:
I must say I love the way it looks.

Best regards
Andy
> The PostgreSQL WWW team have been finishing off the new
> www.postgresql.org portal (presently viewable at
> wwwdevel.postgresql.org), and it looks like it will be ready in time for
> our 7.3 release.
>
> Am wondering if the experienced marketing people on this mailing list
> feel it's worth adding information about that to the PG 7.3 Press
> Release?
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

>    - Indira Gandhi

Re: The new PostgreSQL portal will likely be ready in time for 7.3

From
"Dan Langille"
Date:
I'm viewing it under Opera and I notice a difference between these
two URLS:

http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/
http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/survey.php?SurveyID=7

with respect to the the right hand column in the section titled
Websites.  At the first URL, this block is moved slightly right and
extends outside the white area.

hth