Press release ready?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

I'm still working on a quote.   Aside from the lack of a quote, are we all OK
on the press release?  I'd like to get it to the translators by tuesday, if
possible.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Press release ready?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm still working on a quote.   Aside from the lack of a quote, are we all
> = OK=20
> on the press release?  I'd like to get it to the translators by tuesday,
> if= =20
> possible.
>
> --=20
> -Josh Berkus

Here's my list of unresolved issues:

* "The best has gotten even better"  -- does the wording on this need to be
changed? Should it be dropped?

* Complete list of changes -- says to look at the history file, points to a
readme file, the url doesn't exist....   This whole paragraph needs to be
reworked.  Have we settled on a url for this?   ( I thought it was going to
be something like http://www.advocacy.postgresql.org/changes/73/ )

* List of companies in about us -- Are we comfortable with the list of
companies that were pulled from news articles? Should we add in a government
agency? IIRC The FREDII website (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/) runs
on PostgreSQL.

Robert Treat

Re: Press release ready?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> * "The best has gotten even better"  -- does the wording on this need to be
> changed? Should it be dropped?

I'm ambivalent; I don't think it does any harm, but am not that thrilled with
it either.

> * Complete list of changes -- says to look at the history file, points to a
> readme file, the url doesn't exist....   This whole paragraph needs to be
> reworked.  Have we settled on a url for this?   ( I thought it was going to
> be something like http://www.advocacy.postgresql.org/changes/73/ )

Did someone volunteer to put this page up?  Anyone? Beuller?

> * List of companies in about us -- Are we comfortable with the list of
> companies that were pulled from news articles? Should we add in a government
> agency? IIRC The FREDII website (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/) runs
> on PostgreSQL.

The supplied list is somewhat off-the-cuff.   I volunteer you to put together
a better list.   :-)

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Press release ready?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guys,

Final release may be as soon as wednesday.   I move that we freeze all changes
to the press release tommorrow AM, and go with it.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Press release ready?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Sunday 24 November 2002 07:20 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Final release may be as soon as Wednesday.   I move that we freeze all
> changes to the press release tommorrow AM, and go with it.

I don't have any big problems with this, except the all changes link must be
dealt with, after all the paragraph is talking about ftp mirrors and giving
an http link...

thoughts on before mentioned items below...

On Sunday 24 November 2002 05:12 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > * "The best has gotten even better"  -- does the wording on this need to
> > be changed? Should it be dropped?
>
> I'm ambivalent; I don't think it does any harm, but am not that thrilled
> with it either.

it stays then.

> > * Complete list of changes -- says to look at the history file, points to
> > a readme file, the url doesn't exist....   This whole paragraph needs to
> > be reworked.  Have we settled on a url for this?   ( I thought it was
> > going to be something like http://www.advocacy.postgresql.org/changes/73/
> > )
>
> Did someone volunteer to put this page up?  Anyone? Beuller?

I don't think we ever settled on what the link would be. I'll see if I can do
it as the above tonight and post an update.

> > * List of companies in about us -- Are we comfortable with the list of
> > companies that were pulled from news articles? Should we add in a
> > government agency? IIRC The FREDII website
> > (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/) runs on PostgreSQL.
>
> The supplied list is somewhat off-the-cuff.   I volunteer you to put
> together a better list.   :-)

Doh.... well, given the late hour,  I say we go with this, but we need to
vigilant about putting together a better list. The about us section should
really be included in all press releases from the development group, so we
need to keep this in focus.

Robert Treat

Re: Press release ready?

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
<snip>
> > * Complete list of changes -- says to look at the history file, points to a
> > readme file, the url doesn't exist....   This whole paragraph needs to be
> > reworked.  Have we settled on a url for this?   ( I thought it was going to
> > be something like http://www.advocacy.postgresql.org/changes/73/ )
>
> Did someone volunteer to put this page up?  Anyone? Beuller?

Don't think anyone volunteered.  People are probably expecting me to do
it, but really, anyone that's part of the "webgroup" on the server
should have the correct access rights to.

Robert,
Josh,
Ewald,
Bruce,