Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

From
Nghia Truong
Date:
Hi everyone,
Every day, the file pg_hba.conf in my server is rewritten and postgresql received a SIGHUP to reload configuration. The pg_hba.conf content is:

local samerole all        md5
host samerole all  127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255   md5
local all postgres        md5
host all postgres  127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255   md5

As a result, my application cannot connect remotely to the database on server. I have to manually modify the pg_hba.conf every day. I don't know why that happens? Is there any way to get rid of it?
Thank you very much for your help.

Nghia T. Truong

RES: Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

From
"Marcelo Verissimo"

Hi , i dont expert in postrgres , but i'll checked why

This server reload configuration every day ?

after

Set permission the file on the her user  and check the application client , maybe has a new file or instrutions for rewritten

may solv !

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 3 de maio de 2013 10:45
Para: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Assunto: [ADMIN] Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

Hi everyone,

Every day, the file pg_hba.conf in my server is rewritten and postgresql received a SIGHUP to reload configuration. The pg_hba.conf content is:

local samerole all        md5

host samerole all  127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255   md5

local all postgres        md5

host all postgres  127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255   md5

As a result, my application cannot connect remotely to the database on server. I have to manually modify the pg_hba.conf every day. I don't know why that happens? Is there any way to get rid of it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Nghia T. Truong

Re: Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

From
Ray Stell

Every day, the file pg_hba.conf in my server is rewritten and postgresql received a SIGHUP to reload configuration.

Sounds like some sysadmin scripted rsync gone wild.

Re: Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

From
Johnny Tan
Date:
Chef/Puppet?

Every day, the file pg_hba.conf in my server is rewritten and postgresql received a SIGHUP to reload configuration.

Sounds like some sysadmin scripted rsync gone wild.

Re: Problem: pg_hba.conf is automatically rewritten every day

From
Nghia Truong
Date:
Hi all,
I am the root user (except that my dedicated server is under the control of its company). I don't have any sysadmin script. The problem just suddenly occurs. I don't know why?

Nghia T. Truong