Pgadmin is closed, when I close sql editor window!

From
Илья Скорик
Date:
Good afternoon! <br /><br />There is a problem with pgadmin. I start the pgadmin program. I am connected to a database,
Iopen some windows of the sql editor. I do some queries.<br /><br />When I close one of this sql editor windows then
pgadminprogram is closed! I think, it is very bad error. Sometimes does not pass also two minutes as I lose results of
workand it is forced to restart the pgadmin program.<br /><br />I'm use last 1.10 version from svn, on ubuntu 9.04, but
automationof your publishing house<br /><br />e-mail: <a
href="mailto:ilya.skorik@inprint.ru">ilya.skorik@inprint.ru</a><br/>web: <a
href="http://www.inprint.ru/">http://www.inprint.ru/</a><br/>

Re: Pgadmin is closed, when I close sql editor window!

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Илья Скорик <ilya.skorik@inprint.ru> wrote:
> Good afternoon!
>
> There is a problem with pgadmin. I start the pgadmin program. I am connected
> to a database, I open some windows of the sql editor. I do some queries.
>
> When I close one of this sql editor windows then pgadmin program is closed!
> I think, it is very bad error. Sometimes does not pass also two minutes as I
> lose results of work and it is forced to restart the pgadmin program.
>
> I'm use last 1.10 version from svn, on ubuntu 9.04, but such behaviour
> happened and in 1.8 branch.

I can't reproduce this - anyone else?

Are you sure you're not closing the main window? That will close all
child windows.

--
Dave Page

Re: Pgadmin is closed, when I close sql editor window!

From
Glyn Astill
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Илья Скорик
> <ilya.skorik@inprint.ru> wrote:
> > Good afternoon!
> >
> > There is a problem with pgadmin. I start the pgadmin
> program. I am connected
> > to a database, I open some windows of the sql editor.
> I do some queries.
> >
> > When I close one of this sql editor windows then
> pgadmin program is closed!
> > I think, it is very bad error. Sometimes does not pass
> also two minutes as I
> > lose results of work and it is forced to restart the
> pgadmin program.
> >
> > I'm use last 1.10 version from svn, on ubuntu
> 9.04, but such behaviour
> > happened and in 1.8 branch.
>
> I can't reproduce this - anyone else?

The only time I have seen anything similar is if I kill a query window whilst receiving the list of results back - that
killspgadmin for me.

Re: Pgadmin is closed, when I close sql editor window!

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le mardi 5 mai 2009 à 13:40:44, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Илья Скорик <ilya.skorik@inprint.ru> wrote:
> > Good afternoon!
> >
> > There is a problem with pgadmin. I start the pgadmin program. I am
> > connected to a database, I open some windows of the sql editor. I do some
> > queries.
> >
> > When I close one of this sql editor windows then pgadmin program is
> > closed! I think, it is very bad error. Sometimes does not pass also two
> > minutes as I lose results of work and it is forced to restart the pgadmin
> > program.
> >
> > I'm use last 1.10 version from svn, on ubuntu 9.04, but such behaviour
> > happened and in 1.8 branch.
>
> I can't reproduce this - anyone else?

I had this bug in an earlier beta release. Not sure when it gets fixed, only
sure I'm not the one who did the fix :)

So, no, I can't reproduce it right now.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Date:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> I can't reproduce this - anyone else?
>>

> The only time I have seen anything similar is if I kill a query window whilst receiving the list of results back -
thatkills pgadmin for me.

I can't reproduce this either. If I try to close the window it asks me
if I want to cancel the query. If I say no, it cancels the close
event, if I say yes, it waits for the query to cancel and then closes.

--
Dave Page

Re: Pgadmin is closed, when I close sql editor window!

From
Dave Page
Date:
[Please keep messages on list]

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Илья Скорик <ilya.skorik@inprint.ru> wrote:
> I too cannot create a condition for reproduce of this behaviour. You have
> not understood me perfectly, closing of a child window (sql editor) closes
> the main window!.

I understood that's what you wrote - I was checking that is what you
meant to write.

> It happens absolutely irregularly. Today it occurred
> already time ten. If I start pgadmin from the console, I will see the debug
> information?

It's worth a try.

--
Dave Page